PDA

View Full Version : maybe im an oger!!

mindingmummy
24-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Am I being a complete moany pants??

Ok, I feel like all i am doing with the after school kids is say 'don't do this' 'dont do that' 'be nice to your brother/sister'

aghh!!

I need to know, do you think im being too strict and moany?

eg, after we got home from school this afternoon, straight away one of the kids said 'are we having xxx as our snack because i don't want that anymore, ive decided i dont like it' (to which i said that it may not be favorite but be gratefull)

we got home, they ate their snacks, and when straight into the garden and shut the door. No 'thank you' or 'is it OK if we go outside?' - this really bugged me but i dont know if im just being hormonal or something :-(

Bridey
24-04-2012, 04:07 PM
If they don't like what's on offer (especially if they have just 'decided' not to like it) then tough - eat it or don't.

If my lot had just gone into the garden and shut the door I would have called them back in and made them sit back at the table until they said thank you and asked to out. Be consistent about the rules of your house, especially as they may differ from the rules at home.

We all have those days sometimes, don't beat your self up about it. Maybe tomorrow will surprise you in a good way, you never know :)

AliceK
24-04-2012, 04:57 PM
I find I nag more at the schoolies in just one day in a short space of time than I do at the LO's in a whole week. The older they get the worse they get. I'm considering not doing any more schoolies except the ones in reception. Once they hit year 1, 2, 3 they turn into monsters.

xxxx

Mouse
24-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't think you're being moany or too strict - I think you need to get a grip & take charge (meant in the nicest possible way!)

Lay down the rules & enforce them. No child here would get down from the table and just go outside without asking. I'm no ogre, but they know that's not how we do things here. When everyone had finished eating, they would all have taken their plate to the kitchen and asked if they could go outside.

JCrakers
24-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Im quite strict...lol
Nothing wrong with that. Its either take charge or have a load of kids wrecking my house :D

I find myself moaning, nagging and repeating myself all the time to the older ones , who are all boys (in 1 ear and out the other) but they love coming so Im obviously a nice ogre.
They love it.....:laughing:

mushpea
24-04-2012, 06:46 PM
no its not your hormones,, even the littlys know that they ask to get down from the table then they ask to go outside even if we are out at the park they ask me if they can go in the big park, our park is split in two and I dont mind them going from one to the other but I need to know where they are incase of an accident infact its the same at home if they want to go outside its fine but they must let me know where they are incase theres a probelm, prehaps you needs to sit them down and explain this to them and explain that before they leave the table a thankyou and please can i get down would be nice.

Daisy1956
24-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I had to smile, sounds just like me. Hate it when the children don't say please and thank-you but have noticed lately that some parents don't either, but at my house please and thank-you are expected. sometimes feel like a nag.

singingcactus
24-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Ahhh, the number of times in a day I look at my kids and say...

'please please give me 5 whole minutes where I don't need to say;

"Don't, No, Stop, Get down, Get up, Excuse me, Move your butt, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT HOLY DON'T DO THAT!!!!!" '

No, you're not a moaner or an ogre, you're a childminder! :p

mindingmummy
25-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks everyone :)

angeldelight
25-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks everyone :)

Hope today is better

Think we all have days like that when nothing you do is good enough

Have a good day

Angel xx

25-04-2012, 09:09 AM
I know exactly how you feel.....I was at my wits end yesterday with the toddlers jumping all over my chairs and sofa. I spent all day telling them not to do it and then what really upset me was when one of the mindee's parents arrived to collect.....her LO was jumping on my sofa and I told him to stop over and over again and the parent just looked on and even had a little giggle :panic: