PDA

View Full Version : who to choose?

kaykaymoo
24-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Hi all, i wonder if any one can help. Im just starting out as a childminder and have been looking into who to get my insurance with and im so confused.
I really can't decide between ncma and morton michel?? ncma is twice the price but what do we really get for all that money? would anyone say it was worth it?
on the other had morton michel looks pretty good? im really confused if any one can shine a light on this it would really help, thank you :):)

Joda
24-04-2012, 07:20 AM
I had NCMA insurance for my first year but have been with MM since then. I personally didn't find any benefit from being a NCMA member and paying extra for it.
I find all the MM paperwork really good too.

Bridey
24-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I was with NCMA for 10 years but changed to MM. I think it was reading comments on this site that persuaded me it was a better move and I've had no regrets. I like their paperwork too.

Kimmy050983
24-04-2012, 07:46 AM
I am coming up to renewing NCMA but have been thinking about moving to Morton Michel.
Is it a lot of work changing over? Do I have to change existing contracts?

Bridey
24-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I am coming up to renewing NCMA but have been thinking about moving to Morton Michel.
Is it a lot of work changing over? Do I have to change existing contracts?

There is no work involved at all. MM are happy for you to keep your current contracts.

sarah707
24-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I have always been with MM.

They have lots of additional benefits such as their Childcare Club and newsletters, discounts etc.

When I had a non paying parent a while ago they were very professional and dealt with it quickly.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
24-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I have always been with NCMA and in a way you can't directly compare the two because they are completely different.

NCMA are a membership organization which you pay a membership fee to belong to. They then provide services for their members, like Public liability insurance that costs nearly half the amount that MM charge for theirs.

Despite all the negative posts about NCMA they still do and are working in the interests of their members and indeed all childminders. They are the ones who negotiated with Ofsted to keep our Registration fees low. We pay a much reduced annual fee to the ISO because of them to name but a couple of times they have helped ALL childminders. MM would never do this.

MM are purely an Insurance Broker who sells insurance and even though they provide magazines etc and sell paperwork which is more expensive than NCMA, they have no interest in Childminders any more than any of their other customers. They are purely in the market to sell insurance to anyone who will pay their prices and buy it from them.

When you think of what these two sets of people do for us do not muddle it with legal support. MM includes this because you pay a premium for it as you can with you House or Car insurance. It isn't anything special just because we are childminders.

Kimmy050983
24-04-2012, 11:47 AM
There is no work involved at all. MM are happy for you to keep your current contracts.

Awesome thank you!! :)

kaykaymoo
24-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank you all for your comments i really appreciate them they are really helpful :thumbsup: