PDA

View Full Version : Eye-Q Fish oil tablets for ADHD?

EmmaReed84
24-04-2012, 06:48 AM
As most of you know I am going through an ADHD diagnosis with my oldest son. The peadiatrician advised me to get Eye-Q for him, after a battle with DH over the cost of these tablets I have finally got them! I was able to explain that £25 is for 180 tablets... all was good until I read Cameron needs to take 6 a day for 12 weeks! That is 504 over 12 weeks almost £75! DH is spitting feathers over how much these cost and as his sister took them and they did naff all for her he is saying it is a waste of money. I have told him we just have to swallow the cost as they might work for Cameron and if we are unwilling to try and help him why should the doctors. I understand where he is coming from but I feel like I am talking to a brick wall sometimes... His sister took them, they didn't work, end of! MIL says they are rubbish and her word is gospel!!! :angry:

I just want to ask if anyone has had any experience with these fish oils tablets and how did they work?

Bridey
24-04-2012, 06:54 AM
What about checking with your GP if these tablets can be obtained via a prescription.

EmmaReed84
24-04-2012, 07:02 AM
What about checking with your GP if these tablets can be obtained via a prescription.

Oh didn't think of that, but wouldn't the peadiatrician and done a script?

Bridey
24-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Oh didn't think of that, but wouldn't the peadiatrician and done a script?

Not necessarily which is why I would check.

silvermist
24-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi Emma, my son used these for about eight months, to be 100% honest they didnt make a huge difference, however I know someone else whose son used them and they said they did help their son. I would get in touch with GP as others have suggested. Keep us posted xx

RainbowMum
24-04-2012, 11:49 AM
We're at the beginning of the process of getting DD assessed for ADD, I do find that when she has a regular vitamin supplement with Omega she is a little better - I use the barretts ones, might be worth trying instead?