PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg Visit

Thalie
23-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Hi All,
I am due to have my suitable persons/ pre-reg visit on Friday and I am not sure whether I have everything in place. I have been trawling through the EYFS and hoping it will stick somewhere in my brain, but it hasn't.
I am also concerned about the paperwork that I need to show and I am worried that I don't have everything. Does anyone have any ideas about what I need to have in place?
I am so worried that I am debating whether to postpone the visit.
Thank you in advanced,
A very panicked potential childminder :eek:

kaykaymoo
24-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi All,
I am due to have my suitable persons/ pre-reg visit on Friday and I am not sure whether I have everything in place. I have been trawling through the EYFS and hoping it will stick somewhere in my brain, but it hasn't.
I am also concerned about the paperwork that I need to show and I am worried that I don't have everything. Does anyone have any ideas about what I need to have in place?
I am so worried that I am debating whether to postpone the visit.
Thank you in advanced,
A very panicked potential childminder :eek:

Hello, don't panick hun, i had mine last Thursay and i felt the same way and was doing the exact same thing with eyfs ect. But honetly there was no need to.
The lady i had could not have been nicer. She was very relaxed which made me feel relaxed straight away.
I had made sure i had the basic set of policeis written up such as safguarding, medical, medicines, ect. (maybe about 10 or so), i had also done some proceedures like fire evacuation and complaints, but not that many, and id done risk assesment for inside and outside my house. She was happy i had done any at all and said some people have none in place at this stage, lol.
She wasn't worried if i didn't have any safety things in place ( i did but wouldn't have been a prob if i hadn't) she just wanted to be sure i knew what I would need.
she checked around my house and really was giving me loads of advice and interesting ideas!
After she left i could not believe i had been so worried.
The only thing i would say is do your pre reg booklet i was so pleased id done mine as a few things came up from that.
You will be fine, they are not as scary as you think!
Let us know how you get on, good luck :thumbsup: