PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone policy

faerielies
23-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Has anyone done a mobiloe phone policy?
i'm finding it hard. I can't say that phones are not to be used because i don't feel it is fair on my partner in his own home. So at the moment all i have is that no photos of the children will be taken using a mobile phone. can anyone help me with this as i'm getting a little swamped with everything. my safeguarding teacher said to ban parents from using mobiles on the premises as a general rule as if there on the phone they are not really listening to what you are saying about their child.
any help would be great

tinyp164
23-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi there,

I do...I can email it over if you like, just send me your email address?

I was told we now had to do one with our LA and my childcare improvement officer in my area gave me an example of one as Ofsted are supposed to be cracking right down on it. You have all the same things in as mine really, however, mine is called digital media policy and includes the camera, i.e. having a seperate memory card and so on. Also when you have done it just do a quick RA about it, its always good to be safe and worth covering your back as much as possible.

x

rickysmiths
23-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Ncma have info on their site and so do Bromley Childminding Association.

I actually include any older children who might come to me before and after school or in the holidays. I have a no phone policy so if a child has one for school I take it when they come in the house and give it back when they leave.

Adults that visit or who are part of my family are never alone with minded children and know to never get their phones out. They know my camera is always on the table and they grab that if there is a photo opportunity.

Marshmallow
26-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi there,

I do...I can email it over if you like, just send me your email address?

I was told we now had to do one with our LA and my childcare improvement officer in my area gave me an example of one as Ofsted are supposed to be cracking right down on it. You have all the same things in as mine really, however, mine is called digital media policy and includes the camera, i.e. having a seperate memory card and so on. Also when you have done it just do a quick RA about it, its always good to be safe and worth covering your back as much as possible.

x

Hi,

Please would u share your policy with me :o:o:o

Kirstylob
26-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi,
I am trying to up date all my policies to. I have pretty much done a new version but I'd love to see what you have included. Would you mind sending me a copy?
Thanks
Kirsten

Dragonfly
26-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Could I see it too please. I haven't taken my 14 year old mindee's phone off her, have said not to take photo's, do you think i should ask her to leave it in her bag?

sarah707
26-03-2013, 06:27 PM
This might help point you in the right direction :D

Sarah's Blog: Mobile phone and camera policy - childminders (http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mobile-phone-and-camera-policy.html)