PDA

View Full Version : RIDDOR

Debster
23-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Does anyone have any up to date info on Riddor in relation to us as childminders. I am updating my health and safety folder and would like to include this. It would be great if someone has or could point me in the direction of where I can print of some info I ave looked at the HSE website but the charge for the guide to regulations thought someone might have a childminder friendly version
Thanks in advance.
Inspection looming and have been told my others in the area that its their thing at the moment

faerielies
23-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have any up to date info on Riddor in relation to us as childminders. I am updating my health and safety folder and would like to include this. It would be great if someone has or could point me in the direction of where I can print of some info I ave looked at the HSE website but the charge for the guide to regulations thought someone might have a childminder friendly version
Thanks in advance.
Inspection looming and have been told my others in the area that its their thing at the moment

i could do with this too! i'm just starting up an in thew process of doing risk assessment, i'm a little swamped with them.

kareninluton
23-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi
i downloaded the RIDDOR for free but i haven't had a chance to read through it. I think what i was told on my childminding course was about notification and reporting of injuries and dangerous occurances not sure if it was including notifiable diseases and death. my copy is a 1995 publication not sure if there is a newer one. We were told it was important to have a copy. i have my visit from my CAS officer (local authority) and if i find out more i will post about it here.
Karen

rickysmiths
23-04-2012, 04:41 PM
There is this information:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/report.htm

this might help as well:

http://safety.csc.mrc.ac.uk/docs/What_is_RIDDOR.pdf

Do make a note that HSE have changed the number of days for reporting from 1 April this year so you may need to make a note of that.

They no longer have the leaflet I downloaded. I think it is more than sufficient that you are aware of them and what the severity of the illness or disease before you have to report it.

If an accident was that severe you would have to contact Ofsted, your Insurer and NCMA if you are a member and they would all give you guidance as would HSE if you contacted them so make sure you have all their numbers to hand. I keep all of this info in the front of my Accident folder.

I also have the Ofsted document 'Serious accidents, injuries and deaths that registered providers must notify to Ofsted and local child protection agencies' in the front of my Accident folder.

It doesn't seem to be available on their website it is coming up with an error when you open the document. I think I have a copy saved to my documents so pm me if you would like it.

I have checked and it is in the Free Downloads at the top of the Forum but it is the Feb 2011 version and not the updated Oct 2011 version and they are different.

scoobydoo1
24-04-2012, 10:00 AM
I am waiting for for my pre-reg visit and the CAS Team e-mailed me this one, hope this helps.