PDA

View Full Version : Whistleblowing policy

kareninluton
22-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi
i need a whistleblowing policy but i will be working alone. has anyone got a whistleblowing policy that will appropriate that i can have a look at? Its a requirement of the local safeguarding board so not something i can ignore!
Karen

mrs robbie williams
23-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Hiya, there is one on the Bromley website bcma under policies xx

Ripeberry
23-04-2012, 06:29 AM
How can you whistleblow yourself? I would think it would only apply to groups of people working together.

rickysmiths
23-04-2012, 06:34 AM
No I have never had one. I guess you might need one if you co-mind or work with Assistants.

gegele
23-04-2012, 06:51 AM
you don't need a whistle blowing policy if you work alone.
the idea of such policy if that if you ssee a colleague not doing his job properly and maybe putting kids at risk you will go to boss to report him.

Demonjill
23-04-2012, 09:43 AM
you don't need a whistle blowing policy if you work alone.
the idea of such policy if that if you ssee a colleague not doing his job properly and maybe putting kids at risk you will go to boss to report him.

I agree with this

Its only you working so you have nobody to blow the whistle on have you?

kareninluton
23-04-2012, 03:32 PM
i still need one. just spoke to my CAS officer (from Local Authority) and she is sending me a guide on how to write it. i shall post on here if anyone would find it helpful.
Karen

rickysmiths
23-04-2012, 03:36 PM
I have seen one in the members area on the NCMA website. It actually covers aspects of Child Protection so I can see why you might need one. If you are a member then you can access it.

There is also one on the Bromley childminding Association Site.

kareninluton
23-04-2012, 03:45 PM
not a member yet but plan to be soon

Jiorjiina
28-04-2012, 03:31 PM
i still need one. just spoke to my CAS officer (from Local Authority) and she is sending me a guide on how to write it. i shall post on here if anyone would find it helpful.
Karen

A whistle blowing policy is something to protect employees when reporting dangerous or illegal acts of their employer. The difference is explained here (http://www.pcaw.org.uk/f-a-q-s)

If you are working alone, you don't need a whistle blowing policy.

Are you sure your CAS officer didn't mean a complaints procedure?

julie w
03-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Its also if we witness anyone professional or anyone we know in a position of trust doing anything inappropriate towards a child.