PDA

View Full Version : Planning Permssion....

sparky
02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Not sure if I have posted in the right place or not but here goes...

Has anyone had to pay for planning permission? I ave enquired this am as in pt1 of application process you need to provided permission or letter to say its not needed. They have given me a form to complete but said if I need permission it will be £316 :panic: :eek: OMG I so cant afford that atm. The whole reason I am doing this is so I can be better off & be with my baby!! :(

breezy
02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
sorry I've no idea, but would have thought council would charge, but honestly had no idea it could be that much. Someone will let you know for sure.:thumbsup:

littlesprogs
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
As far as i'm aware you dont need permission unless you look after more than 6 children

manjay
02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
You shouldn't need planning permission. Unless you intend on looking after lots of children or there could be a massive increase of traffic to your home. I sent off the letter that was provided in my CSSIW pack and the council replies within 3 weeks. Make sure you put something in the letter that says you will assume it is ok if you have not heard from them fter2/3 weeks. This can then be included when you submit your part1

tulip0803
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
As Amanda said the CSSIW wants you to send off the letter but you should not need planning permission. Carmarthenshire CSSIW gave us a form on our briefing session. Normally for childminding planning permission is not needed. I got a letter back saying that I was fine to childmind from my address and had to submit this with my application forms. It did not cost anything to get confirmation that planning was not needed.:)

The cost you have been quoted is if you did require planning permission for it to go through full planning process, same as building an extension. But this is not normally needed unless you are going to care for loads of children at any one time!

katickles
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
My brother & sister in-laws are both minders & they needed planning permission because of the increase in numbers.

They are in Wales though so I know rules & regs differ in all areas so not to sure.

So this probably hasn't helped at all :rolleyes: