PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question from me!

LittleLegsCM
21-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Evening all!

quick question!
My new parent is coming round tomorrow to sort out paperwork for her 2 boys and pay deposit etc. but in our communication this afternoon she also mentioned that she wants to discuss holidays.

Not normally a problem but my question is- as she's already getting 7 weeks out of the next 18 as half pay (school holiday retainer) would I still charge my usual half fee for her to take extra holiday on top of that or would the 7 weeks school holiday retainer also be classed as the 4 weeks holiday? I just want to be ready with an answer tomorrow (although I don't know for certain thats what shes asking yet!)

Also, when parents claim for the childcare tax credits, how long does it normally take for it to be agreed and do they backdate it to when the child started childcare? (I know she's putting in a claim but obviously she hasn't done so yet. The boys will possibly be starting late next week or the week after. I know she wants to pay monthly once it is setup so just trying to work out roughly how many weeks will be paid weekly before I give her a monthly invoice)

Thanks ladies as always xx

Bridey
21-04-2012, 10:56 PM
For any termtime only contracts I do the following: retainer for school holidays, full fee for their holidays/days off taken during termtime, no fee for my holidays taken during termtime. I then don't take holidays during termtime!

I can't answer your next question I'm afraid. However, please bear in mind that her arrangement with the child tax credit office is between her and them - it mustn't affect you being paid what you are owed - whether its weekly or monthly. Make sure she doesn't use not getting the credit as an excuse not to pay you. I'm sure she won't but I'm just saying it because some do!