PDA

View Full Version : Ice ceam for the over 18s

rickysmiths
21-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I've heard it all now!!

I have just been to Waitrose and I bought some Ice cream. French Brandy Cream Waitrose Own and it was reduced. I also got some other flavours as they were on offer and for once I have room in the freezer.

When I got to the till the young girl suddenly laughed and said, 'lucky you're over 18 or I couldn't sell you the Brandy Cream Ice Cream!'

No kidding, it flagged up on the till as no under 18s. We then discussed how many tubs you would have to each to get an effect or be sick first. Has the world gone completely bonkers?

:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1:

So all you under 18s out there no Bailey's Hagen Daas either:laughing::laughing:

NI MINDER
21-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Baileys haagan das .... mmmmmm ..... does this mean I dont have to share with my kiddies :)

Mouse
21-04-2012, 03:53 PM
We had this a couple of years ago.

Thornton's wouldn't sell my son a rum & raising ice cream, even though he said it was for me (I was sitting in the car while he ran in for the ice creams). He was 15 at the time.

I went in & asked to see the ingredients list. It contained rum flavouring, but no rum. They still couldn't explain why he couldn't buy it :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
21-04-2012, 04:20 PM
We had this a couple of years ago.

Thornton's wouldn't sell my son a rum & raising ice cream, even though he said it was for me (I was sitting in the car while he ran in for the ice creams). He was 15 at the time.

I went in & asked to see the ingredients list. It contained rum flavouring, but no rum. They still couldn't explain why he couldn't buy it :rolleyes:

That is crazy!

I have just looked at the one I bought It is French Brandy and yes it does contain French Brandy 5%. So at least real alcohol.

rickysmiths
21-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Baileys haagan das .... mmmmmm ..... does this mean I dont have to share with my kiddies :)

Well I stocked up on Ice Cream for the after school mindees pudding. Now I'm stuck :rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
21-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Wish i would stop getting asked for id..........im 34 nearly :laughing::laughing:

Christi
21-04-2012, 08:53 PM
A parent came around the other time for the first time last week. When I opened the door she asked if my mum was at home :laughing::laughing: ... (I'm 32 by the way and fairly sure I look it)!

rickysmiths
21-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Oh dear!:eek:

kindredspirits
22-04-2012, 07:36 AM
hehehe, i've never had that with a prospective parent before but had the same with a lib dem canvasser - needless to say i didn't vote his way!:laughing:

i bought a U rated dvd from tescos ladt week and went to the self checkout - where i had to wait 10 mins for someone to come and put their passcode in to say i was old enough to buy the dvd :huh:

rickysmiths
22-04-2012, 10:06 AM
hehehe, i've never had that with a prospective parent before but had the same with a lib dem canvasser - needless to say i didn't vote his way!:laughing:

i bought a U rated dvd from tescos ladt week and went to the self checkout - where i had to wait 10 mins for someone to come and put their passcode in to say i was old enough to buy the dvd :huh:

How odd I've never had that happen. Only the Ice Cream and they didn't question my age the girl on the checkout just commented that the till had flagged up not to sell to an under 18!

christine e
22-04-2012, 10:07 AM
When I think back to all the cider ice lollies I had when I was little - I loved them -wonder if they actually had any cider in them :laughing:

rickysmiths
22-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Are you an Alcoholic now Christine that is the question?? :laughing:

christine e
22-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Are you an Alcoholic now Christine that is the question?? :laughing:

I am not a big drinker and do not like beer or lager but have to admit that I love cider :laughing:

rickysmiths
22-04-2012, 10:51 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

PixiePetal
22-04-2012, 12:54 PM
When I think back to all the cider ice lollies I had when I was little - I loved them -wonder if they actually had any cider in them :laughing:

oooh! I loved those...........and I do like cider too :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
22-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Well when it comes to being ID'd for amusing things, I can beat you all lol.

I am a 27 year old, married mother of two who got asked for ID in poundland when buying... wait for it... A PLASTIC CAN OPENER!!! :laughing: :laughing:

She was serious as well, I look at her all confused and she said "Sorry you have to look older than 21 to buy this. Sorry" I laughed out so loud and said "Hey no worries love, I am 26! You just made my day" She did go a rather amusing shade of red and let me buy it in the end.

blue bear
22-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I was 23 and 38 weeks pregnant when a bus driver made me buy a children's ticket he was like "no need to be shy love we are modern people on this bus" really loud every one could hear. I walked home and had ds that night!

loopyloopy
22-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Wish i would stop getting asked for id..........im 34 nearly :laughing::laughing:

I get asked a lot and in 29 soon. I think of it as a compliment and I must appear to have young looks sooooo when I am retired I will only look 30 :laughing::laughing: