PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to do anything else?

EmmaReed84
19-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I mind a 4 yr old who is in reception. I have just had a call from her Mum to ask if I mind going up to the school to give some Calpol as she was complaining of an earache. The school said she was well enough in herself but thought that a small dose would just help her a bit.

Seeing as I am the only person who lives anywhere near the school and as I already have the relevant permsissions in place I was more than happy to help.

My question is do I need to do anything else paperwork wise to get Dad to sign apart from the normal medicine form? As I went to the school to give it.

rickysmiths
19-04-2012, 10:45 AM
I would note on the medicine form that you went to school to administer the dose and what time and then if you give another dose this afternoon when you collect her. The the parents have been informed so no over dose can occur.

I would also be recommending that the parents get a doctors appointment tonight to check if the lo has an ear infection or not in case they need antibiotics.

EmmaReed84
19-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I would note on the medicine form that you went to school to administer the dose and what time and then if you give another dose this afternoon when you collect her. The the parents have been informed so no over dose can occur.

I would also be recommending that the parents get a doctors appointment tonight to check if the lo has an ear infection or not in case they need antibiotics.

Thank you x