PDA

View Full Version : swamped!

Dani Girl90
18-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Hey, I have put a few posts out there regarding paperwork and i have found it really helpful. Basically inspection is near and i really want to do well. Im beginning to lose sleep over the never ending mountain of paperwork! Im terrified ill miss something important!
The paperwork i have in place: 1)Policies and procedures- about 12 - are there any i must definitely have in place?
2) safeguarding folder- this has 'what to do if you suspect abuse' leaflet, safeguard policy. What else should be in there?
3)Records file- This has blank copies of child record forms and all about me forms, medication forms and permission forms. Anything else?
4) portfolios- i have the contracts, children's info and progress in there. I tend to do monthly planning sheets- should i do weekly to get a better grade? I do observations for each month and pop photos in there too.
5) I have a visitor book
6) Accident book
7) Fire evacuation plan on notice board.

Phew! Right if anyone can see something i must add in please let me know. I know im a brilliant childminder as the children never want to leave and the families are so happy. I really don't want paperwork to ruin all my hard work!!

Please put my mind at ease- thanks for reading and taking the time..
Dani x

missymood
18-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I was told that the contracts should be in your lockable out of reach box so that nobody can read details of kiddies! Also child record form and accident forms I keep in the box.

Make sure you have an up to date what to date contact for Ofsted with the updated address on your wall and insurance and certificate.

missymood
18-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I note down any planning for the week on my calendar and fire practices on there. She liked that idea! Simple and easy to use.

Have lots of multicultural stuff out and make sure that it is assessabke to all the children. I took some photo's of some people out on a walk of different cultures told them it was for my childminding business then printed them a4 laminated them and use them for puzzles. She loved that

Dani Girl90
18-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I note down any planning for the week on my calendar and fire practices on there. She liked that idea! Simple and easy to use.

Have lots of multicultural stuff out and make sure that it is assessabke to all the children. I took some photo's of some people out on a walk of different cultures told them it was for my childminding business then printed them a4 laminated them and use them for puzzles. She loved that

Thanks missymood this is great advice!
Do u have folders for each set of paperwork? eg, safeguarding folder, eyfs folder...?

Dani Girl90
19-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Hey, I have put a few posts out there regarding paperwork and i have found it really helpful. Basically inspection is near and i really want to do well. Im beginning to lose sleep over the never ending mountain of paperwork! Im terrified ill miss something important!
The paperwork i have in place: 1)Policies and procedures- about 12 - are there any i must definitely have in place?
2) safeguarding folder- this has 'what to do if you suspect abuse' leaflet, safeguard policy. What else should be in there?
3)Records file- This has blank copies of child record forms and all about me forms, medication forms and permission forms. Anything else?
4) portfolios- i have the contracts, children's info and progress in there. I tend to do monthly planning sheets- should i do weekly to get a better grade? I do observations for each month and pop photos in there too.
5) I have a visitor book
6) Accident book
7) Fire evacuation plan on notice board.

Phew! Right if anyone can see something i must add in please let me know. I know im a brilliant childminder as the children never want to leave and the families are so happy. I really don't want paperwork to ruin all my hard work!!

Please put my mind at ease- thanks for reading and taking the time..
Dani x
Id really appreciate a brief answer for each of my numbered points, that way i can check off what's done and what i need to be doing.
Thanks!

rickysmiths
19-04-2012, 11:31 AM
I have the following:

Parent Information Folder with:

a bit about me and a few photos of my setting and garden

blank copies of my Contract and all the forms I expect parents to sign including permissions.
a copy of my latest Ofsted Report
a copy of my Registration Cert
a copy of my first Aid Cert
a copy of my public Liability Insurance Cert
a blank copy of a page from my NCMA attendance register
a leaflet about EYFS
A copy of my 8 page Policy Document
A copy of my complaints Procedure

A Risk Assessment Folder with:

all my Risk Assessments
all the CRBs for my family
all the First Aid certs for my family
all the insurance and mot documents for both cars
evacuation procedure and record of evacuation practices
copy of Fire Brigade safety report
Child Protection Info
Seat Belt Info
Electric Socket Info (I don't use socket covers)
Info from Health Protection Agency on infectious diseases

I don't show this folder to prospective parents it is purely for me and Ofsted

Safer Food better business for childminders

Parent Feedback Folderwith:

Letters and cards from past parents

Outings Folder with

Leaflets and guide books of places we have been to.
Photos of places we visit
a list of all the places we go to regularly
a list of the places we go to less often

2 Planning folders one with info about seasonal and celebrations through the year, the other with templates and activities to do.

An Accident/Incident/Medication NCMA Folder

An Attendance Register NCMA

For each family I have a folder with their Contract and child information and I keep with it the Child's Learning Journal and Development Records and any other letters that pass between us. Also a payment record sheet and a holiday record sheet. These folders are kept in a tin box file that I got from a high street shop and it has a lock on it. I keep the box on a table in my kitchen so it is easily accessible when i am working, it is locked when I am not around and at the weekend and in holidays it is taken upstairs out of the way.

I don't and never have had a Visitors Book. I am working in my own home not an institution and I know who is in the house and where they are, I show in my Risk Assessments that children will never be alone with visitors. Ofsted have never commented and nor should they as there is no requirement to have one.

Hope this helps.

mummyme
19-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Make sure you have updated your SEF.

AT my inspection she said it was a good idea to log the fridge temperature daily and the smoke alarm test weekly.

Have good risk assessments too.

Dani Girl90
20-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I have the following:

Parent Information Folder with:

a bit about me and a few photos of my setting and garden

blank copies of my Contract and all the forms I expect parents to sign including permissions.
a copy of my latest Ofsted Report
a copy of my Registration Cert
a copy of my first Aid Cert
a copy of my public Liability Insurance Cert
a blank copy of a page from my NCMA attendance register
a leaflet about EYFS
A copy of my 8 page Policy Document
A copy of my complaints Procedure

A Risk Assessment Folder with:

all my Risk Assessments
all the CRBs for my family
all the First Aid certs for my family
all the insurance and mot documents for both cars
evacuation procedure and record of evacuation practices
copy of Fire Brigade safety report
Child Protection Info
Seat Belt Info
Electric Socket Info (I don't use socket covers)
Info from Health Protection Agency on infectious diseases

I don't show this folder to prospective parents it is purely for me and Ofsted

Safer Food better business for childminders

Parent Feedback Folderwith:

Letters and cards from past parents

Outings Folder with

Leaflets and guide books of places we have been to.
Photos of places we visit
a list of all the places we go to regularly
a list of the places we go to less often

2 Planning folders one with info about seasonal and celebrations through the year, the other with templates and activities to do.

An Accident/Incident/Medication NCMA Folder

An Attendance Register NCMA

For each family I have a folder with their Contract and child information and I keep with it the Child's Learning Journal and Development Records and any other letters that pass between us. Also a payment record sheet and a holiday record sheet. These folders are kept in a tin box file that I got from a high street shop and it has a lock on it. I keep the box on a table in my kitchen so it is easily accessible when i am working, it is locked when I am not around and at the weekend and in holidays it is taken upstairs out of the way.

I don't and never have had a Visitors Book. I am working in my own home not an institution and I know who is in the house and where they are, I show in my Risk Assessments that children will never be alone with visitors. Ofsted have never commented and nor should they as there is no requirement to have one.

Hope this helps.
THANK YOU!!!! just what i was after, thanks for taking the time to help me!
Thanks for your help guys, im getting there slowly now :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
20-04-2012, 07:23 AM
You need to have a complaints file or book all that's in mine is a few copies of a form that I would use should a complaint be made against me (which I got from here I'm sure) and a copy of the Ofsted complaints poster - (I also have a copy displayed).

Its something some inspectors are quite keen on.

Dani Girl90
20-04-2012, 10:49 AM
You need to have a complaints file or book all that's in mine is a few copies of a form that I would use should a complaint be made against me (which I got from here I'm sure) and a copy of the Ofsted complaints poster - (I also have a copy displayed).

Its something some inspectors are quite keen on.

Brilliant, I have a few forms on this so hopefully that should be enough. I need another house to store my paperwork!

Heaven Scent
20-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Brilliant, I have a few forms on this so hopefully that should be enough. I need another house to store my paperwork!

LOL don't we all - it drives my husband wild - we bought this house from the sale of our last house and 1/3 more from have the proceeds of the sale of his parents house when they died and he really feels that his house is being taken over - he doesn't consider it just his house but its a bigish house and he hates all the paperwork that is on show all the time - I need to do something about getting it all thinned down and filed away.

VeggieSausage
20-04-2012, 05:47 PM
remember to have a visitors book and get your inspector to sign it and mine looked through it and commented on why a certain person had visited quite a lot (in a lofty way) - she is a new mum I said that shut her up!