PDA

View Full Version : how does every one do their journals??

fishbones1
18-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I just wondered how people do them, are they all in one book or do you do things seperately??

I have a daily diary that I write in about each days activities etc.
I have a scrapbook for 'work' and pictures and long obs.
and I have the summary reports and daily observations under each section in a folder.

When showing my CSDO they seemed happy that I was covering everything, but should it be all together where possible? obviously I give these all to parents at the end of their time with me which I encourage them to pass on to school etc.

I have seen a mindee's learnign journal from nursery and I pretty much do the same as them but in a neater form lol

Not sure why i'm worried really xx

Heaven Scent
18-04-2012, 03:00 PM
I have put a big long answer in a thread this morning - its entitled something along the lines of "does anyone not do learning journals" - beware there is an error in it which I need to correct if I can get in to edit it. I have written some thing about how you show you are working in partnership with other settings but wrote "parents and schools" instead of "preschools and schools" - I don't know how to post links to posts and threads on here.

I was going to correct the error but the edit button is not at the bottom of the post so I cant.

jumping j
18-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I do a daily diary with 6 boxes for activties we've done during the day, what the lo's have eaten, nappy changes etc. there's also a box for parents comments, not that it gets used very often!!!:laughing:
Then I have a folder for each child with obs, samples of work, EYFS trackers, ECaT monitoring, pictures in them.