PDA

View Full Version : help please

nicola1981
17-04-2012, 05:40 PM
hi i have a parent coming round toimorrow afternoon and wanted your advice on how to charge for this........

week 1
thurs 4pm-9pm
saturday 9am - 4pm

12 hours

week 2

thursday 8-10am then 4pm - 9pm
saturday 4pm - 9pm
sunday 10am - 9pm

23 hours

week 3

tuesday 9am-2pm
wednesday 8am - 10am
thursday 4pm-9pm
friday 10am - 4pm

18 hours

week 4

monday 830am - 630pm
saturday 4pm - 10pm
sunday 10am - 9pm

27 hours

I was thinking of a minimum number of hours per week rather than a retainer as she has rang several c/m who wont be flexible and want to charge full fee

my hourly rate is £4, after 6pm £5 and weekends £6

samb
17-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Gosh these hours are all over the place! Will the rota keep rolling in this same pattern or will you just know 4 weeks at a time?

Do you have other mindees to fit around this? What days are you working at the moment? It could potentially mean you are working 7 days a week so I would think about possibly doing a minimum amount of hours and upping the hourly charges too by maybe £1 for each time bracket or you will be out of pocket by an awful lot for a lot of random hours. However I don't have any shift workers so maybe someone with more experience will come along soon...

Good luck! :)

nicola1981
17-04-2012, 06:38 PM
thanks its a rolling 4 week contract

i dont think i will be required for all the sat/sun shifts i will no more information tomorrow.

im just not sure what to say as a minimum

its so confusing haha

pinkellifun
17-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Those are really unusual hours. Obviously not knowing the whole situation, if it was me I would work it out like this:

From the fees you've given, I've worked out that for those 80 hours you should get £409. As it contains quite a lot of weekend work, I would have worked out the average hourly price, which at this rate would be £5.11 per hour.

Again if it was me I would say give her a uniform hourly rate of £5.50 which would then cover you for weekend or weekday working.;)

Could be completely wrong, don't know what others would do but this is how I would think it through - then I'd probably come on here and ask just like you did :laughing::laughing:

nicola1981
17-04-2012, 06:51 PM
thanks thats a good idea :)

Those are really unusual hours. Obviously not knowing the whole situation, if it was me I would work it out like this:

From the fees you've given, I've worked out that for those 80 hours you should get £409. As it contains quite a lot of weekend work, I would have worked out the average hourly price, which at this rate would be £5.11 per hour.

Again if it was me I would say give her a uniform hourly rate of £5.50 which would then cover you for weekend or weekday working.;)

Could be completely wrong, don't know what others would do but this is how I would think it through - then I'd probably come on here and ask just like you did :laughing::laughing: