PDA

View Full Version : Changing emergency contact

Rubybaby
16-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Hello all,
I want to add a new 'known responsible adult' to my Accident/Emergency policy, as one of my original ones is planning to move away shortly. Parents have already signed and given permission for their details to be given to my contacts...so my question is can I just add the new name on a copy of the original oplicy(and ask them to sign and date), or should I do a separate short letter asking their permission for their details to be passed to my new emergency contact?
Any advice on the best way to do this would be very welcome!:)

rickysmiths
17-04-2012, 06:15 AM
I actually do it the other way round and don't give my emergency carers all my parents details because I couldn't keep up with that! I give my parents a laminated credit card sized card with my dh details and the names addresses etc of my emergency carers.

I then have a folder in a sealed envelope by my front door with a copy of all the children's child information sheet with a photo of the child and of their parents and anyone else who regularly my collect them, a grid with what child I have when. A sheet with my dh contact details and where my children are at school with phone numbers.

Then I can access details copy and pass on if appropriate or the emergency carer or services can see immediately where the info is in my home. The photos aid them if they have never met the parents etc. I also have a pass word system.

jadavi
17-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Jeez I love this forum but there is always something that gets my heart ..! . Are these procedures for if you get sick? I don't have anything like this...
My husband is my assistant and is always home so am I covered? I carry Emerg details and photos in handbag in case I am knocked out in car or anywhere else ( have it always with me husb knows it's there)
We have an allocated neighbour for serious longer term fire evacuation or accident. Is this enough or do I need what is described in above posts? Ofsted in five days! None of the visiting do's have mentioned this xxx
Panic stations!

rickysmiths
17-04-2012, 07:45 AM
They are for an emergency so if I get sick or if one of the children need to go to hospital and my emergency carers come to my house either to stay with mindees until they are collected or to take them to their house. It means that they can find the info they need quickly and it is quite obvious if the emergency services needed it.

I also carry a small book in my bag at all times when I am out of the house.

Rubybaby
17-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the input everyone--it's interesting to hear what others do as I was panicking over this issue (amongst others!).
At present I always carry a copy of the child's record form as well as a little laminated card showing main emerg carer details, and all contact numbers are on my mobile.
I'm thinking of adding my (19 year old) son as another known responsible adult in addition to the new contact,( gotta be better if contacts are known to parents and child?) and intend to write a short note asking parents permission for their contact details to be passed to them .
Thanks again everyone...love this forum and dunno what I'd do without it!