PDA

View Full Version : complaints procedure help!

Katiekoo
16-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I am just looking at my complaints procedure for my diploma and am hoping someone clever will be able to help!
There's a bit that I didn't write (must have borrowed it from DW) in red, and it doesn't make sense to me, I wonder if it's old practice or something but I don't remember being told we needed to include this bit;

Details of information and findings given to the person making the complaint. These will have been provided within 28 days of the complaint (or 20 days if I am registered on the compulsory Ofsted Childcare Register), including any action taken.

sarah707
16-04-2012, 09:23 PM
When the childcare register first came out it had a different time scale for investigating complaints.

It was corrected pretty quickly for Ofsted - within about a year if I remember rightly - and changed from 20 to 28 days to work in line with the Eyfs.

Now of course the Eyfs is changing and there are differences again... but hey ho I am sure we will cope :rolleyes: :D

Chatterbox Childcare
16-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Think I will wait for the new Ofsted fact sheet to come out and send it to all my parents via email :)

rickysmiths
17-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Yes under the new EYFS we don't have to have a Complaints procedure :rolleyes:

I will be keeping one as I think it is good for the parents to know what would happen if they made a complaint.

Katiekoo
17-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks for your help - I was looking through and couldn't see any need for it at all! :rolleyes:
Yeah lots of changes ahead with the EYFS reforms, I wonder when the diploma will catch up with it? It's asking for all sorts of evidence that will change from September.