PDA

View Full Version : summative reports?

toddlers896
16-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Does anybody use a summative report for tracking the childrens development.
I was given one of these by my co-ordinator but dont know if its necessary.
If you dont can you tell me how you note what stage of the eyfs they are at.

thanks

flowerpots
16-04-2012, 02:02 PM
I DO use them and find them REALLY helpful to look at and find out where the child is at a glance, my parents like to look at them and read them too. I do them for each child termly. :thumbsup:

pinkellifun
16-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Does anybody use a summative report for tracking the childrens development.

Can someone tell me what one of these is?

Thanks

winstonian
16-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Has anyone got a copy they can share? I want to start doing these but just dont know where to start. We dont have a do or any support in our area :(

sarah707
16-04-2012, 05:11 PM
A summative report is like a round up of how the child is doing.

You can talk about some of the activities you have planned and the child has enjoyed and note how much he has achieved since the last report.

I do them 6 monthly - one goes out at Christmas and one in the summer - for all Eyfs children. I usually add a few photos as parents like these.

:D

fleurry
17-04-2012, 05:59 AM
I'd be grateful to see how one of these is laid out ? It's the only thing I'm lacking and can't think how to start!?

funemnx
18-04-2012, 11:55 AM
I do them termly (ish :blush:)

I wish I knew how to add copies of my summative blank on here but I'm happy to share if any one wants to PM me, I will e-mail them a copy :)

Trac896 - if you don't do them, you can see what age in development the child is at by looking at their learning journal where you've noted activities are linked to age in months. Just the LJ's in themselves are proof of the child's developmental progress. The summative report is a shortened version and yet more duplicated paperwork!

Mrs M
18-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I believe it is mandatory to do them in the EYFS. I do mine termly. I literally have six boxes (one for each of the areas of L&D) and record the child's achievements or areas where they may need support in each of them. I then have a section for other settings/parents to complete and lastly I have six more boxes for onward planning for the child. It works really well for me and it's handy to glance at. I even photocopy them and have them stuck up in my play area so I can refer to them easily enough.

toddlers896
18-04-2012, 01:18 PM
I do them termly (ish :blush:)

I wish I knew how to add copies of my summative blank on here but I'm happy to share if any one wants to PM me, I will e-mail them a copy :)

Trac896 - if you don't do them, you can see what age in development the child is at by looking at their learning journal where you've noted activities are linked to age in months. Just the LJ's in themselves are proof of the child's developmental progress. The summative report is a shortened version and yet more duplicated paperwork!

I did actually think i was just duplicating what i had written in their learning journal but I have attempted to complete one. I will bring it on Friday and you can tell me if I am on the right lines.
x

Heaven Scent
18-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I do mine 6 monthly with parents when we talk about what we have been doing and look at photos etc and parents contribute to the completion and sign them - each box only contains a couple of sentences.