PDA

View Full Version : Telly, who controls it!!

primula
15-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Who has control over the telly and what you watch in your house? In my house it is DH! He moans about watching eastenders and has done for years! BUT thinks nothing of watching 2 hours of football or other sporty/blokes stuff. So do I get another telly or husband:laughing:?! Interested to find out what others do.

PixiePetal
15-04-2012, 03:33 PM
we have enough TVs to all watch something different - just a matter of which room we want to be in :rolleyes:

I am more likely to have a shower and go to bed to watch it. DH falls asleep in front of the sitting room TV often - so I wait, turn over and watch what I want.:laughing: Kids have then in their rooms (15 and almost 18)

sometimes we even all watch a film together :D

FussyElmo
15-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Depends on what is on. I could happily spend all day watching food network :) but in reality I dont actually watch tv. Dh likes to play his computer games but if i wanted to watch something then I watch it :thumbsup:

loopyloopy
15-04-2012, 03:50 PM
I only really watch eastenders, holby and casualty :) My dh says he cant stand them yet he will come home from work and say oohhhh do you know what happens to xx and then this is going to happen. He sits at work reading the papers all the time, now for someone whos not interested....... He likes all the car rubbish and discovery oh and csi/ncis (which I dont mind because Tony is pretty hot :blush:). We have an un-written rule that he can watch his stuff if it doesnt clash with my programmes. He wanted Sky so he can blinking well use Sky+ :laughing:

Mouse
15-04-2012, 04:00 PM
We have 2 TVs downstairs. One tends to always have sports on it, so DH & the boys use that room. DD and I tend to watch the other TV and say that sports are banned on it!

DH & I also have a TV in our room, so I will sometimes go to bed & watch something. The rule is, whoever's in bed first gets to chose what to watch, but if they go to bed & don't put the telly on, the other person can't come up to bed later & switch it on! I put off having a TV in our room for years, then when I did agree to geting one, DH would often turn it on when I was asleep & wake me up - hence the rule!

LOOPYLISA
15-04-2012, 04:46 PM
There are 3 of us in the house and we have 4 tv's

When hubby is home is usually watches sky sports etc, tbh i don't reall watch tv, but when i do its usually enders, casualty

If we both wanna watch something diffrent and sky is already recording something then one of us will usually go upstairs and watch but yes its usually hubby who has control of the remote :rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
15-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Who has control over the telly and what you watch in your house? In my house it is DH! He moans about watching eastenders and has done for years! BUT thinks nothing of watching 2 hours of football or other sporty/blokes stuff. So do I get another telly or husband:laughing:?! Interested to find out what others do.

I'd offer to swap, but my dh sounds like yours :angry: The only programme I get to watch regularly is Casualty and that is because on a saturday evening all my lot are out - even then I have Syk+ it just in case I am on taxi run!! Having DH and 4 sons aged 19 & 20 who all love any kind of sport, I never get a look in :(

I just come on the Fourm instead :D

EmmaReed84
15-04-2012, 04:51 PM
We generally compromise. I like certain things that he is not too keen but will watch and vice versa, if there is something on that either one WILL NOT watch then the other will go and do something else, or we record and watch when the other is not around.

Gotta love the virgin Tivo box lol

singingcactus
15-04-2012, 06:40 PM
We watch the same kinds of shows. We really only ever watch sci fi, horror, or military drama type shows. So we decide between us which of the list on the hard drive we want to watch each evening. And if the teens want to watch one of them with us then they get a say in the choice too. Tonight though it will probably be game of thrones, NCIS.

mushpea
15-04-2012, 06:59 PM
ME ME ME AND ME :D
we ususaly comprimise but i have the overall say if its somthing I dont like ,,, tonight I have kicked him out to the pub to watch chelsea cause I dont support them and the kids wanted to watch a film , although Im not sure who got the better end of the deal :laughing:

Cammie Doodle
15-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Always Hubby !!!!!!!! I'm not keen on tv, but wouldn't get a look in, he has been known to doze off with the remote in his hand, how sad is that ? He is a tv addict I'm afraid .

PixiePetal
15-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Always Hubby !!!!!!!! I'm not keen on tv, but wouldn't get a look in, he has been known to doze off with the remote in his hand, how sad is that ? He is a tv addict I'm afraid .

Mine falls asleep anywhere - sitting at the PC with his hand on the mouse :laughing: and I never go to the cinema/theatre with him either :rolleyes:

ajs
15-04-2012, 08:12 PM
We have four tvs too so if someone wants to watch somehting different they watch in another room

the girls usually choose what we watch in the sitting room though and i often go and lie on my bed, but i always fall asleep watching tv so i tend to play on here or fb instead

primula
15-04-2012, 08:40 PM
I am so glad that there are other homes the same! my DH can fall asleep and I can change the channel and will wake and say I am watching that! I kid you not!! I think in the end I will get another telly, usually it doesnt bother me cause I am on here! I have this vision more of a nightmare, of growing old together and arguing over watching daytime telly:eek:

LOOPYLISA
15-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I am so glad that there are other homes the same! my DH can fall asleep and I can change the channel and will wake and say I am watching that! I kid you not!! I think in the end I will get another telly, usually it doesnt bother me cause I am on here! I have this vision more of a nightmare, of growing old together and arguing over watching daytime telly:eek:

Yep falls asleep with the remote in his hand and when i prise it away he says ' i was watching that ' :laughing:

Twinkles
15-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I have about 4 programmes that I like to watch. Even then only if I haven't got anything better to do. So DH is in charge of the telly ( and welcome to it ! )

The Juggler
15-04-2012, 09:13 PM
we have one TV - we share. dh has the footie on if it's a big match or I'm happy as long as I watch my programs to go on the laptop whilst he watches match of the day - like now :laughing:

Rubybubbles
15-04-2012, 10:12 PM
not a big tv watcher so hubby watches what he wants and kids when home from boarding.

Me - more than happy with a book!

Although I do sky+ stuff to watch in bulk when he is away, like tonight lol loads of Secret circle:o

jumping j
16-04-2012, 06:19 AM
If OH wants to spend time with me, he watches what I want, he's allowed the remote if there's nothing on TV and I've not got anything on sky plus!!!:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
16-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Yep falls asleep with the remote in his hand and when i prise it away he says ' i was watching that ' :laughing:

Must be a man thing - mine does that too!!! :angry: Snoring away like a good un, but dare touch the control :eek: