PDA

View Full Version : Shocked my DD got attacked by neighbour boy

mr man
13-04-2012, 10:16 PM
harsh word attack but my god im mortified. Fuming more.

not always agreed with neighbours ways but never expected to either. but never let it be known - kept opinion to myslef. untill now. :blush:

dd 10 was playing on nearby feild with ds 8 and with two neightbours children BOY 9 and Girl 7.

dd moved goal posts as they were too close and other side was smaller. boy got angry ( no the first time - last year he really hurt my son once becasue he betted him to do climb a tree hed give him £2 - when ds said i not got £2 he flipped push ds, and gave him a chinese burn, picked up a twig and snapped it and said i wsh this was your neck).

anyway he got angry with dd and pushed her, punched her down when she tried to get up, and kneed her in the leg. she got on all fours to get up , tried to punch him away from her but she said i didnt have any power , and he put his arm ( which is casted due to broken wrist) around her neck and pulled her backwards. she grabbed his arm to get it off her, he then ran off home.

:eek: told his mum its becasue she grabbed my arm and twisted it.
he accidentally punched her and didnt strangle her fully it was jsut half
( with a cast one and dd said she panic cause she couldnt breathe)

mum beleived him, and i was that mad i had to leave the situation to calm down beofre i said something i regretted.

when in the house i heard of both of mine and it transpired the above info.

i rang mum i was so mad that she was not going to deal with this and said alot more than id hoped. basically he seems to enjjoy when mine kids are in the wrong, and hes been upseting dd all week. and a lot of other things. now i dont regret saying it but i am so mad.

i have also docmented it - ive not worked this week, but felt i needed to as neighbour is registering to cm and is quite a confrontational person .

do i show this document to her or jsut file it.
i bet if she read it, and then asked her NOT SO DS if whats written is true and more truth like then if i as her id be mortiied that my child did that.
the girl got sent to her room becasue she would tell us her side - and nightbour said its probably because she doesnt want to get my dd is trouble :eek::eek: erm who is the one that got beat up here.

my DS has been told numerous time sby me and DH tonight you do not stand and watch that happen to your sister - you shout at the top of your voice GET OFF MY SISTER and i mean shout.

mr man
13-04-2012, 10:24 PM
im feeling more upset than mad now really, beacause dd had this happen to her.
my children have never been subjected to anyone physssically harm anyone in an angry manner, or even strangled.

i dont want to speak to them again, yet i want them to realise what happened.

i did also say i cant tell you things your s has done becasue you never beleive me ( an adult ) and i think your son knows this and plays on it.
i held back the word manipulative. :(

she always defending him in schoool too, teachers are fed up.

i really want to message her to say how upset and angry i am that her s has phyically hurt my dd like this. and not the slighest apology.

chez
14-04-2012, 05:55 AM
hugs what kids can be awful at times, I hope your daughters woke feeling at least a little better today tho I imagine that she will take a while to get over such a nasty attack.

Just a thought if this is an ongoing problem i.e hes already attacked your son and appears to be no angel at school plus other things that youve said youve not told mum then would it not be better to say that the kids can not play together any more?

onceinabluemoon
14-04-2012, 06:22 AM
If your not getting any joy from mum and his child is terrorising the neighbourhood children and the children at school maybe have a word with your local pcso? Perhaps am official taking an interest would make them sort it out. But be careful there is no backlash....

The Juggler
14-04-2012, 08:28 AM
oh this is awful. its so hard when no-one was there to see and he sounds quite maninpulative.

I would suggest that next time the local kids are all playing out together that an adult is watching from a distance to see what happens so that that adult can then confront mum with 'real' evidence.

and then get the local officers involved if mum is not prepared to reprimand him.

hope your dd is ok.

mr man
14-04-2012, 10:56 AM
oh this is awful. its so hard when no-one was there to see and he sounds quite maninpulative.

I would suggest that next time the local kids are all playing out together that an adult is watching from a distance to see what happens so that that adult can then confront mum with 'real' evidence.

and then get the local officers involved if mum is not prepared to reprimand him.

hope your dd is ok.

that is a great idea thank you. i will suggest this IF ever I let my children play with them.

Ripeberry
14-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Once he turns 10yrs old then the police can be involved as he will be liable for any criminal/GBH acts. Just don't let them play together anymore.

rickysmiths
14-04-2012, 11:00 AM

hope your dd is ok.

That is great advise I think I would also have a camera on hand.

How well or do you know you local Police? They usually have a Policeman/woman attached to the Station who deals child protection issues but will work with the community officer on issues of bullying. They work with local schools.

As a childminder you may be able to get them to come round and do a talk for you and the children or maybe if you get on with your local Childrens Centre ask if it could be done there and involve other local cms and their children. I would then mention it to your neighbour when you have a date and say as she is thinking of becoming a cm you wondered if she would like to come and meet some others and the cc staff.

alwaysright
14-04-2012, 12:32 PM
they sound like nice children.......i wouldnt show her or tell her youve written anything down, just keep it for your own info! i would also think that if she is registering to mind she wont last long with kids like that.....really hard but i'd tell your kids to stay away from them if that how they are!
i hate it when horrible kids tell lies to get out of being bad!! a little horror in daughters school told her "i wish i had a knife or gun cos i'd kill you now", thats coming from a little girl whose mother wont here a word against her!!

mushpea
14-04-2012, 01:43 PM
be careful with a camera, we photo graphed younsters vandalizing our car but nearly got in to trouble for it because apparently you cant do this yet if it is a fixed security camera thats fine?
i would have reported the incident to the police, you can always say you dont want them to be charged this time but want the police to be aware of the situatuion and maybe have a word with the family then if it happens again at least the police are aware there is a problem,, if this was to adults then it would be classed as assult and it would be reported to the police, maybe the boy and his mum need that jolt to sort themselves out.