PDA

View Full Version : cat poo

alwaysright
13-04-2012, 10:00 AM
i am sooo fed up with next doors cats going in my garden, we have a little barked area with the playhouse on but discovered next doors cat where going inside and pooing in there, so this week we've been off so we've moved the house, shovelled up all the bark and put some lawn down, well this morning i've just been out in the garden and the dirty little git has done it slap bang in the middle of the new lawn instead :angry: its obviously got used to going in this area :angry: does anyone have any ideas how i can stop them?? i've previously tried tinfoil, orange peel, pepper, bottles of water, chasing them with a brush, throwing water at them!!! they just keep coming back!! wouldnt mind but i hate cats.....my friend says they should have been traqined as kittens but i dont know anything about cats! oh and the othere thing is i dont talk to my neightbour so makes it worse!!

Bridey
13-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Get a dog? :rolleyes:

CH1957
13-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Get a dog? :rolleyes:

I second that! Havent had a cat in my garden since getting my 2 dogs LOL

Bit extreme though :D

BucksCM
13-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Do you have a man about the house? Or even boys?
My friend was having problems with foxes and another with cats. The first one told me what she did and I passed it on to the second...and now she's cat free!

May sound wacky but it works!!

Get a male to pee around the boundary of your garden!

The friend I told is a senior, so rather than go out and actually pee, fill a jar or something and sprinkle.
The friend that told me has four boys and the garden is not overlooked...they just used to go out and do it when they needed a wee!! (She has lots of animals so needed something animal friendly...as well as child friendly!)

Try it!:thumbsup:

Bridey
13-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Its a nice day, stoke up the bbq, have some friends over and ... have a piddle party!

QualityCare
13-04-2012, 10:24 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing:
Its a nice day, stoke up the bbq, have some friends over and ... have a piddle party!

BucksCM
13-04-2012, 11:04 AM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
make sure it's just the men that pee though!!
:D:thumbsup::D

alwaysright
13-04-2012, 11:07 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:
some of these answers :laughing:
i may suggest to hubbie to pee in a pot to sprinkle around, think if he just goes out to do it other neighbours may get a shock!!
daughter would love a dog but think i'd rather have the cat poo :)

sweets
13-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Grrr its my pet hate at the mo.

They are doing it all over my garden on the lawn and in the borders!

it should be law that all cats are litter trained!

loopyloopy
13-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Next door but 1 have a damn cat and we were away at the weekend and we had a "parcel" by the front door and then we went out the back and there was one there too. Just this morning I caught it digging up my pots that we planted herb seeds in :angry: every time we go outside we find a parcel and it's driving me up the wall at the mo

karens knippers
13-04-2012, 12:43 PM
was it red pepper u used?You can use citrus essence or if feeling really brave.........lion/tiger manure!!!! good luck:)

alwaysright
13-04-2012, 01:06 PM
i told my husband to throw it back over the next doors fence, its obviously not going in its own garden so theyre not bothered, but he wouldnt!! and seeing as he was cleaning it up there wasnt much i could do!! :angry: i just put a pot of pepper down and i have some oranges/peel to put out later! i thought that they only went were they could dig -hence it going in the bark- but this was on the lawn, do they always go in one place??

AgentTink
13-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I too like you thought cats like to dig and cover their poo, but in our garden they happily do it on the lawn and on the shail.

We got lavendar plants which are in pots so i can move them around the garden as they are supposed not to like them, as well as citrus scented sticks. We also put on the walls and on top of the fence some stuff from Asda called gel off i think (green gel cyrstals), and anyway we have not had a cat problem for over 4 months now.

My partner also religiously for 3 weeks kept putting pepper on the lawn where they had favored, and they have left that alone too.

BucksCM
13-04-2012, 04:05 PM
was it red pepper u used?You can use citrus essence or if feeling really brave.........lion/tiger manure!!!! good luck:)

:D:D
Made me giggle! Might not be the easiest of thin:Dgs to get though!

gigglinggoblin
13-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Dried lion poo is available online! Some zoos sell it too. It isnt a matter of litter training them, we always had trays for ours and one just ignores it unless it is raining. Cats dont do as they are told like dogs. You can buy stuff that cleans up the mess and leaves a nasty smell, check petshops online. My gran got a stinky plant that got rid of the cat that went in her garden, problem was it wasnt very pleasant for humans either.

BucksCM
13-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Dried lion poo is available online! Some zoos sell it too. It isnt a matter of litter training them, we always had trays for ours and one just ignores it unless it is raining. Cats dont do as they are told like dogs. You can buy stuff that cleans up the mess and leaves a nasty smell, check petshops online. My gran got a stinky plant that got rid of the cat that went in her garden, problem was it wasnt very pleasant for humans either.

When I read that first sentence it reads like you have trained your lions to use a litter tray!! :laughing::D:laughing:

gigglinggoblin
13-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Of course I have, havent you trained your lions?

BucksCM
13-04-2012, 05:20 PM
QUOTE=gigglinggoblin;1084141]Of course I have, havent you trained your lions?[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Chimps Childminding
13-04-2012, 05:51 PM
We have had this problem for years :angry: In the row of houses behind June and I there are about 8 cats and they all seem to love using our gardens as a toilet!!! It has got to the stage now where I don't have any borders as I have turfed them all to stop them, but they either go on the lawn or even in the big plant pots :angry::angry:

Its so annoying, if someone let their dog do their business on someone elses garden they would soon be told!!!:eek:

If I wanted to pet to clear up after I'd get my own!!!! My SIL has always had cats and trains them to use a litter tray why can't everyone else???

No help at all, but I thought I'd let you know you're not alone :D

mrsmaggy
13-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I am having this problem to, I have just had a garden revamp and they are ruining it already, spent about £40 recently on things to try and stop them :angry:

mushpea
13-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I used to have this before we got our cats, we had loads of cat poo in our garden then we got a dog and things improved and now we have 2 cats and no poo in our garden, my cats are litter trained but once they have learned to go outside most people take the litter trays away so that they dont continue to poop indoors,
in our old garden before we got the cats i ended up putting dow my own litter tray for other peoples cats as I found it easier to clean up the poo if it was in the tray, you shouldnt have to do this I know but if the cat is used to using your garden in a particular spot you could put the litter tray on that spot then every couple of days gradualy move the tray closer to your back gate then eventualy to an area outside of your gate and hopefully it will get the message.

alwaysright
13-04-2012, 08:04 PM
We have had this problem for years :angry: In the row of houses behind June and I there are about 8 cats and they all seem to love using our gardens as a toilet!!! It has got to the stage now where I don't have any borders as I have turfed them all to stop them, but they either go on the lawn or even in the big plant pots :angry::angry:

Its so annoying, if someone let their dog do their business on someone elses garden they would soon be told!!!:eek:

If I wanted to pet to clear up after I'd get my own!!!! My SIL has always had cats and trains them to use a litter tray why can't everyone else???

No help at all, but I thought I'd let you know you're not alone :D

this is exactly what we had to do as well, as the problem has been for years, they used to go in the borders so we got rid of them and have fence to fence lawn apart from the little patch of bark where the house was!!

mushpea fab idea but i just dont think it i could cope with that! if i actually saw them doing it i'd happily choke the little gits!

mushpea
13-04-2012, 08:43 PM
mushpea fab idea but i just dont think it i could cope with that! if i actually saw them doing it i'd happily choke the little gits!

lol, oh I know its not funny and its horrible to clear up but this made me chuckle.
at our old house our rabbit had free range of the garden (bubbles is with the angels now bless her) she would run up behind the cats and head but them up the bum, the cats would shoot out the garden cause they were scared of her:laughing:, even now my cats leave my bunnys alone cause the bunnies are boss

blue bear
14-04-2012, 09:15 AM
We use curry powder and slices of lemons, need to do it everyday for about two weeks and when ever a new cat moves into the neighbourhood.

rachelle
14-04-2012, 09:57 AM
I have a cat and he has an outdoor litter tray that he uses. I hate clearing up poo so don't see that the neighbours would want to! However the next door neighbour regularly lets their dog poo on our drive. Nice!

rickysmiths
14-04-2012, 11:31 AM
This thread has made me smile!

I have just got round to sorting out a flowerbed across the front of our house as it was destroyed when we had our extension built 2 summers ago. we dug out, filled with compost and topsoil and before we could put a membrane and pea shingle down the cats had dug in the new soil :angry: Mind you now we have finished and put the pots on the bed they haven't dug in the shingle or pooed on top of it either thank goodness.

alwaysright
14-04-2012, 12:04 PM
lol, oh I know its not funny and its horrible to clear up but this made me chuckle.
at our old house our rabbit had free range of the garden (bubbles is with the angels now bless her) she would run up behind the cats and head but them up the bum, the cats would shoot out the garden cause they were scared of her:laughing:, even now my cats leave my bunnys alone cause the bunnies are boss

omg maybe i should get a bunny rabbit then :)
seems like its a widespread problem though doesnt it!
then i nearly chocked myself yesterday putting the pepper done which blew back on me and left me sneezing for half an hour! used a tea towel over my face today!!

primula
14-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Same problem here and I have a dog! the cats go in the front garden and its stinks so much I use to think it was a fox. I am going to try curry powder, when the wind isnt blowing!!