PDA

View Full Version : NCMA contracts

Belly2009
12-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi,

Is it me or are they really hard to work out?!

Trying to do one now for tomorrow and it's running rings round me. My new starter is a before and after school for 5 mornings and 4 afternoons. The 4 afternoons will change on a weekly basis. How on earth do I document this on the contract under contracted hours? The paragraph beside it relates to contracted hours min and max but my hours will always be the same. Oh and it's a term time only contract.

Charges

I charge a certain amount per hour but the hours for the week are the same so should I put the weekly rate rather than hourly? (I'm thinking it's the time of night that's got to me - seriously not this silly normally)

Payment day - they are going to claim tax credits and want to pay 4 weekly. Do I write this in or does it need to be a particular date?

I think that's everything.....do the ncma have a completed sample of a contract? I'd find it useful.

Thanks
:-)

BucksCM
12-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Hi :D
In the bit where you put the hours, fill out all five days with the before and after school hours. Then in the space below add something like..."contracted to do 5 mornings and four afternoons. Parents will advise which afternoons on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly basis...(delete as needed).
That way you have written in the contract that you are working 5 mornings and 4 afternoons....what ever days they are.
I have always stuck to a daily rate...personally. I put that on my contract.
I would put your weekly rate on the contract but if you want to note your hourly rate, put it in ( ) and then underline the weekly rate.
If they are paying you using tax credits, you do need a clause that states that they are still liable to pay you even if the tax credits are late/not paid.
Again, you could workout what the first payment date will be and write on the form that the payments are every four weeks form the 1st payment.
HTH :thumbsup:

miffy
13-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Good advice from Debbie although I've never put a clause on about paying even if tax credits are late. The contract is between you and parent and nothing to do with tax credits. I would ask for payment monthly in advance anyway.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
13-04-2012, 08:27 AM
I agree with Miffy. I would expect montly payment anyway four weekly would do my head and my accounts in because that means 13 payments a year but if they are term time only!!!

Personally I would add their weekly fee up x 39 and divide the total by 9.75 (the number of 4 week periods in the term time of 39 weeks).

I would then work out a schedule of payment dates for the school year so both you and the parent are absolutely clear as to when payment is due with a very clear statement as Debbie suggested about them being fully responsible for payment even if there is an issue with the tax credits. I would put my late payment fee here as well. I would get the parents to sin this and state on it that they had received a copy and that this document will be attached to and form part of your contract. Put the childs name on the top so it conforms with the contract and write in the box on page two that the letter is attached and forms part of the payment agreement.

I hope it doesn't sound too complicated but at least you will be covered this way.

The Juggler
13-04-2012, 08:36 AM
i agree with the others, write in the hours but note underneath that you are allowing them to change the days of this with no further charge.

I have never put a clause in about tax credits but usually have a conversation with parents to ensure they know that is their responsibility to pay me whether or not tax credits come through. However, given the problems that everyone has on here I think it's very good idea to put it in the contract their responsibility to you regardless of when their tax credits come through. So I'd tell them first and then write it in the box on the contract - very good idea :thumbsup:

I would allow some leeway the first month maybe to pay weekly until the tax credits come through.