PDA

View Full Version : Pre registration jitters

mostmagicalcat
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Hello, I am in the process of registering and have not posted here before. We are in Aberdeenshire and my husband and I are registering as a partnership. Just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom for me please? We are in the process of doing all the safety bits to the house and am doing policies. I am struggling to organise risk assessments, can anyone point me in the direction of how to do that? Fire risk assess has been submitted and have submitted the form for registering as a food business. Feel like we have lots to do and not sure where to start! Any advice very welcome, thank you

danasdaycare
04-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Hi,

You seem to be doing great from sounds of it.

I did not get safety features until I knew i was being registered, so after the visit. You also do not need to go overboard, as risk assessing could be, block off back of tv with table rather than wall mounting.

Ask any questions at your visit, don't be shy, as inspector will usually have best answers for you.

Maybe do parent pack to show inspector? It could be just a leaflet stating hours, fee, service(s) provided.

Hope this helps.

Dana

lovechildcare1
24-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I found a really useful Risk Assessment for childminders from South Gloucs council. Found it online printed it off and it has helped me. just hope Mrs O is please on my reg visit tommorow! :)

waterwaybabies
25-07-2012, 08:30 AM
im sure you will be fine.x
my pre reg inspector was lovely and acted like she already knew and liked me.

it was actually a pleasant experience.x;) good luck hun.xxx

lynncjt
25-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi, I'm in Aberdeenshire too! I've have my pre-registration inspection just waiting for my cert now.

On the visit the inspector went through my policies first and why I wanted to be a childminder. Then wanted to see round the house.

My inspector was very pragmatic about safety, eg agreed I did not need to get a stair gate for the stairs until I knew what age mindees I would have. I have a log burner which will not be used when minding and again she agree that I could just move the settee in front of it so there is no trip hazard with the hearth.

If you have any more queries or want to get in touch feel free to pm me.

Lynn