PDA

View Full Version : WEEKLY ACCOUNTS

jus
30-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi, I must be thick ::confused: , just going through the accounts book the yellow page weekly, were you have to enter food & drink, toys & equipment, heating & lighting, water rates & council tax, travel/outings. what it is I'll be minding 2 children from the same family next week for 3 day's how will I fill this page in. they will be having breakfast & lunch total £7.50 for the 3 days for each child will this go in food & drink, also I've a folder full of receipts which I have saved for toy's equipment etc how do you put these into the accounts book cannot work out water rates,heating & lighting and council tax waiting for new bills please help. :angry: confused. I think these accounts books will put me off I hate paper work and I did the ICP Course but she only showed us how to fill in the record of payment. :mad: jus

Monkey1
30-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I would wait for your next quarrterly bills and then add them.................i'm terrible at accounts and throw all reciepts into a box and spend a weekend in May/ june sorting it out:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

bubbly
30-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I used to have quarterly bills but changed to monthly direct debits purely for ease of working out my accounts. I'm finding it much easier now and, like you, I'm new to minding.

I file all my receipts in 12 transparent 'wallets' - one for each month of the year. This system keeps everything neat and tidy and is easy to access. I also number each individual receipt and write those numbers beside each item I put through my accounts. This makes it really easy to locate anything in future, should it be necessary. I don't know how anyone else does it but I find this system works well for me.

I wasn't taught anything about accounts on my ICP course so you have a headstart on me!

buildingblocks
11-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Being the organised person I am (not) I have a large plastic folder which all my receipts go into and hten I know where everything is when I get around to it (usually the week between Christmas and New Year and a week in APril lol.

In my head and what I intend to do every year is have a clear plastic insert fro each month in a folder. In that envelope I have envelopes for each week which has the week beginning date on it eg Monday 7th January 2008 As I get a receipt it goes in the appropraite weeks envelope and is written up nightly (I can dream lol).

I also keep all receipts even ones for under £10 i also write down stuff on paper if I don't get a receipt eg at a car boot sale

Rasharoon
11-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Like you Jus, I have no idea. I've been childminding since September last year and in all that time, I've gathered receipts and put them in a concertina folder which has the months printed on them.
I'm too scared to look at the accounts book as I am hopeless with figures yet keep saying to myself that I've got to do it otherwise it will be a mare.
Sorry I can't offer any help, but just wanted you to know that there is somebody here equally confused.

sarah707
11-01-2008, 11:21 AM
I do the same as Kate... except on my accounts day in April I am a screaming banshee and my frightened children go to hide from me at their dad's house for the day! :D

I dislike numbers and I can never make a balance sheet balance but I make myself do it as otherwise it would be hanging over me like a bad smell :p

Tily Bud
11-01-2008, 01:34 PM
When i first started childminding 4 years ago i was very good i used to do my accounts weekly but over time i have got naughty and now catch up on them when i have time lol x

buildingblocks
11-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh and I also do mine on sheets on the computer (very loosely based on the NCME accounts book I had in the first year) because I am a control freak and if i found a receipt from two months before I would stress because I had to put it in a different month to where it should have been - using the computer I don't have to do that just insert a row and bingo.

I become a mad woman once April arrives as I then print each month off and check it using a calculator as I don't trust the computer to have added it up write. hubby once made the mistale of reminding me that it wasn't the computers fault as I had put the info and formulas in - needless to say he wasn't that stupid ever again well at least not on that subject lol

sarahsop
28-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I staple some receipts onto the actual page. (in the accounts book) For the bills etc I stick a brown envalope to the back page of my accounts book and slip them in there.

I used to be super organised....now I have to force myself not to let it get into a mess!

I'm new tonight! Love the site, registered in 2004, can't belive I only found you today!!!!!!!

sarahsop x

sarah707
28-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome Sarah... don't forget to pop into 'say hello' and introduce yourself if you haven't already x :D

Banana
28-01-2008, 08:18 PM
I really should get this months accounts organised - Im not even thinking about it cos of worrying about mytax return. Honestly if anyone wanted to see my books i'd be in big trouble!

x