multicultural toys
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default multicultural toys

Where did everyone get there multicultural toys from?
    If looked at carboots and places but can't find any x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy land stuff from early learning ticks lots of multicultural and disability boxes, look on face book selling pages and e bay.
    Print off some pictures off the Internet, print two identical, cut on up add stuck on Velcro and you have a homemade multicultural puzzle.
    Make some books from printed pictures off the Internet.
    Think outside the box with role play items, sofloaty scarves, things to wrap around their head, Bracelets etc.

What type of things have you been looking for?

3. Likes auntie lisa liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

in the build a bear shops they have wheel chairs for the teddies, which i love. They are £20 which is quite a lot but IMO so worth it.

5. Likes auntie lisa liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at childrens books in charity shops - also look out for bric a brac that may have been something brought back from someones holiday - I have a pair of wooden dutch clogs, carved wooden elephant, small wooden drum in my treasure basket. Also borrow books from your local library and if they have a multi cultural theme or have someone in them with a disability then make yourself a list and add the titles to it as evidence. Also our local toy library has some lovely multi cultural dolls - it is easy to find black dolls but harder to find Indian or Asian ones, so we just borrow them.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine come from charity shops and ebay

I have even managed to get some dressing-up stuff from Freecycle

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you iv just found happy land! How great is that! I have multicultural weather and day chart and a Chinese doll but that's it really. Iv struggled on eBay because I don't really know what to put in search lol.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The fisher price little people school bus has a multicultural figures and a wheel chair.

I got a teddy in a fabric wheelchair off ebay last year which the children love - although a monkey is usually put in the chair for some reason. He is made by rackety's R51 Teddy Jon - accessories - children

I have got some lovely wooden Galt multicultural puzzles off ebay for a few pounds.

It is best to just keep looking

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Smyths do a range of dolls that are very multicultural called lots to cuddles, look for them on e bay.

Books. King and king, momma, mamma and me, Handas surprise, all kinds of bodies again look up on eBay or second hand book shops online.

Role play some balti dishes, takeaway menu,chop sticks all fairly reasonably priced.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some lovely dolls from Tiger and Ikea. You can get some nice bangles from any Asian shop for the dressing up area. If you live near China Town (London, Manchester etc) then you can get some chopsticks and all sorts of artefacts. I got some balti dishes from the pound shop for the Home Corner. Don' forget to use youtube to introduce them to music from other cultures too. x

12. Likes auntie lisa liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntie lisa View Post
    Thank you iv just found happy land! How great is that! I have multicultural weather and day chart and a Chinese doll but that's it really. Iv struggled on eBay because I don't really know what to put in search lol.
    Search "childminder" on fleabay: the sellers generally know how to target CMs within their listings.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, HappyLand is great, and raises several 'diversity' issues for debate amongst older mindees:

• What's the point of the little HappyLand Paralympian taking part when he has no-one to race against?
    • What's the point of him winning when the Happyland IOC have failed to provide any means to get him onto the podium?
    • How does the HappyLand Paralympian go shopping when none of the buildings in HappyLand are accessible (short of using one of the fallen-off doors for a ramp) ?
    • Is there a little HappyLand solicitor who can take up the HappyLand Paralympian's case for damages within the terms of the Equality Act?
    • Does the Khaleeji family's horse live in the house or in that little tree-house? (if so, is it not scared of heights?)
    • Do all football matches in HappyLand end in 0-0 draws? (Well, you try getting that massive ball past a stationary goalkeeper into the tiny net.) If so, what are the implications for the HappyLand Football Pools Competition? And why is the soccer goalie wearing a rugby scrumcap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Btw, HappyLand is great, and raises several 'diversity' issues for debate amongst older mindees:[*]What's the point of the little HappyLand Paralympian taking part when he has no-one to race against?[*]What's the point of him winning when the Happyland IOC have failed to provide any means to get him onto the podium?[*]How does the HappyLand Paralympian go shopping when none of the buildings in HappyLand are accessible (short of using one of the fallen-off doors for a ramp) ?[*]Is there a little HappyLand solicitor who can take up the HappyLand Paralympian's case for damages within the terms of the Equality Act?[*]Does the Khaleeji family's horse live in the house or in that little tree-house? (if so, is it not scared of heights?)[*]Do all football matches in HappyLand end in 0-0 draws? (Well, you try getting that massive ball past a stationary goalkeeper into the tiny net.) If so, what are the implications for the HappyLand Football Pools Competition? And why is the soccer goalie wearing a rugby scrumcap?
    You have WAY too much time on your hands., have you been playing with the happyland when mindees gone home again?!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    You have WAY too much time on your hands., have you been playing with the happyland when mindees gone home again?!
    You think I buy HappyLand for the mindees?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    You think I buy HappyLand for the mindees?
    Ah yes my bad!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've still gone one multicultural outfit left for sale if you are interested, I've sold the others: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...rajasthan.html will add photos to the thread.
    Pauline x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pauline

I've still gone one multicultural outfit left for sale if you are interested, I've sold the others: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...rajasthan.html will add photos to the thread

but Pauline , would you be willing to sell your 1 armed doll in the interest of ticking the 'diversity' box?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Pauline

I've still gone one multicultural outfit left for sale if you are interested, I've sold the others: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...rajasthan.html will add photos to the thread

but Pauline , would you be willing to sell your 1 armed doll in the interest of ticking the 'diversity' box?
    No but I can make you one
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've also got a Little Tikes wheelchair access school bus with wheelchair and people.
    Pauline x

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    No but I can make you one
    Thanks but as one of my babies turned a previously run of the mill doll into a 'tick box' toy by chewing a foot off I think Im covered. ( I did also remove the other foot incase it was a choking risk