Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy please help........CYPOP 5 task 9

hi
    I am doing the CYPOP 5 online with PACEY and I am on task 9:
    •Complete section 1 of the table provided (Task 9 – Typical Behaviours Template) describing the typical behaviours children exhibit at a range of ages and stages of development. Think about why they display these behaviours.
    •Complete section 2 thinking about the key events in their lives that might impact on their behaviour.

Relevant Assessment Criteria:

7.1 Describe typical behaviours exhibited by children linked to their stage of development and key events in their lives.

however I am finding it really difficult to determine age related behaviours so close in age. the table they provide is quite close in age gaps (0-1, 1-2, 2-3,3-4,4-5,5-6,6-7, 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11, 11-12, 12+)

so far I have managed to do the first 3 but I have now come to a blank, I have read the text book they provide several times now and am not finding it to be of any help, I have tried researching on the internet but can only find large gaps i.e. 2-5 years

any help would be much appreciated as I would really like to get this done asap as I am due back at work in 3 weeks so would like to go back for as little time as possible.

thanks an advance and sorry I have babbled so much

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm doing the CYPOP course but we don't seem to have to do these exercises, just a multi-guess at the end (should I be thankful or worried that our trainer is missing a trick and we'll suddenly be hit by the whole lot in one go and no time to do them?!)

Surely the things that impact on their behaviour would be things like getting a new sibling (often at around age 2), starting any new setting, moving house?

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrsperky View Post
    hi
    •Complete section 1 of the table provided (Task 9 – Typical Behaviours Template) describing the typical behaviours children exhibit at a range of ages and stages of development. Think about why they display these behaviours.
    •Complete section 2 thinking about the key events in their lives that might impact on their behaviour.

7.1 Describe typical behaviours exhibited by children linked to their stage of development and key events in their lives.

however I am finding it really difficult to determine age related behaviours so close in age. the table they provide is quite close in age gaps (0-1, 1-2, 2-3,3-4,4-5,5-6,6-7, 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11, 11-12, 12+)

so far I have managed to do the first 3 but I have now come to a blank, I have read the text book they provide several times now and am not finding it to be of any help, I have tried researching on the internet but can only find large gaps i.e. 2-5 years

any help would be much appreciated as I would really like to get this done asap as I am due back at work in 3 weeks so would like to go back for as little time as possible.

These may help although your post was a while back
    http://www.devon.gov.uk/fostering-info-cdc0to11.pdf

Child Development: Using the Child Development Guide

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help please

Hello, I have just seen your message from June, i am also struggling with this question just wondered if you managed to get help? Also would you be able to help me/

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mrsperky View Post
    hi

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stef1988 View Post
    Hello, I have just seen your message from June, i am also struggling with this question just wondered if you managed to get help? Also would you be able to help me/

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
    If you look at the link I posted below you will find all stages from birth to 16 years
    Click on each area of development and you should find your answer there