Cypop 5 task 6 - routines. HELP!!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cypop 5 task 6 - routines. HELP!!!!

Hello, this is my first time on the forum. I'm in the middle of CYPOP 5 and have hit a wall with task 6.

I've done the partnership with parents bit but don't know exactly what they want for the bits about routines.

The task says: give an explanation of how routines are based on:
    - meeting a child’s needs
    - agreements with parents
    - participation of children
    • an explanation of how routines would be adapted to meet the needs of children at different ages and stages of development

There is so much info in the Sheila riddell-leach course book that I don't know where to start.

Am I expected to go into every routine - like how I will nappy change, or prepare lunch or make sure children wash their hands blah blah. Then how it will change as the children get older/move on etc

It all seems so irrelevant? And I will end up writing reams and reams if that is the case!

Please can someone help? I've had my DBS check back so want to crack on now and finish so I can get registered but I've been prevaricating about this task for a week, probably because routines are not really my thing!

Thanks

Jayne

Post Thanks / Like

I doing my CYPOP5 too but not done Task 6 yet but..

Meet needs of children - so with babies/toddlers you would make sure they have time to nap/wind down.

Making sure you have element of outside play - parks/playing in sand pit outside etc.

Making sure caters for all ages - babies to age you registered to mind etc.

What about development issues/special needs - how could you adapt routines to support this?

Participation with Parents - you would try to follow their routine regarding nap times, feeding times so child has consistency.

Participation with Children - you may ask older ones what activities they like to do - you may allow child to lead. You may have meetings where you all import idea for routine activities etc.

Think about how you would plan activities/routines for educating children, having fun, nap and feeding times. And maybe make up a rough template of a routine.

Hope this helps - like I said I've not approached this one yet xx

Post Thanks / Like

So things like...

Daily Diaries for parents too
    Emails/Texts
    Questionnaires
    Maybe telling parent about topic you doing asking them to bring something from home etc.

Wow moments! Sharing info with parents.
    How you adapt routines so you'd do adult led activities and also baby/child led/free play activities.

After school - space to do homework etc. Snack times.

Say you have toddler and a baby you may put baby for nap and do baking/jigsaws etc with toddler then once baby awake you may go to a childminder drop in session or explore paints etc at home. X