Thread: Parenta

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parenta

Hello,

Just wondered if any of you have done your level 3 with parenta?

I have just been told I will get full funding for the course and have someone coming out to me next week to get signed up

I'm looking forward to starting it but wondered if any of you have any information on what it involves etc? What does the assessor look for and is there a lot of written work involved?

Thanks

Kirsty

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I did my level 3 with parenta and passed
    It was a lot of work and I did have a few problems with sending and getting work through the system
    my assessor was really lovely and although I was nervous about having a stranger watching me work she put me at ease
    There was one part of the course where I had to have a professional conversation on how My working practice had improved and the areas I could improve on this stumped me slightly as I work alone so I asked my local childrens center if the outreach worker could come to my setting and do this and it worked out really well
    I did the course in 9months and it really gave my confidence a boost and made me realise I knew more about childcare than I gave myself credit for
    good luck with your course

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am half way through my Level 3 with Parenta- going really well, the e-portfolio system works well and the assessor has been really nice. I have found the work very manageable and I do a bit here and there in the evenings/weekends.
    Do check who the person coming out to you is- I was expecting to have someone who could talk about the course and answer my questions but actually got a sales lady who really just wanted me to sign on the dotted line then and there (deadline for funding, had to sign that day etc etc) and could not answer any questions, even gave me incorrect info about the course. If you have questions I'd suggest phoning to speak to the assessor who really knows the course details, before the person comes out to you. Good luck with it.