Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CYPOP5 work rejected :(

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted before but I've been 'stalking' for a while and commented on a few other posts.
    I really need some advice now though so I'm hoping you lovely people will be able to help me.

I've had my coursework sent back, well apart from 2 assignments! I seem to have got quite a strict assessor who is asking for extra information that wasnt really asked for in the question. Also on at least 2 assignments, she's said Ive missed something out but when I go through them I can see exactly what she's asking for.

Everyone's telling me I should contact them and demand a re-assessment which I want to do but there's also part of me just thinking of doing what shes requested just to get it over with! what would you do?! It doesn't help they have only given me until the 14th of April to get everything back to them- I am literally caring from 6am - 7pm monday-friday at the moment as well as an 18month little boy of my own, how can they think I would be able to find time to do it all in 3 weeks?! (or is that me just being padantic??)

As you can probably tell, its getting to me quite a bit so if anyone can reassure me in any way I would really appreciate it x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

By all means complain to the training company, especially if the tutor hasn't given you clear information about what she wants to see.

Do you have a course book? It might give you ideas of different ways to tackle the questions.

Good luck!

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time, I've only just passed mine & I started it July last year!

My trouble was that each time I re-submitted an assignment it was marked by a different assessor - the new assessor had a different take on my assignments & asked me to do something else & re-submit them again!

Saying that I was always given very good feedback & guidance about the areas I needed to work on - can you look & see exactly what they've asked you to add?

Sometimes it was only something that needed 10 mins to tweak it!

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I have just had mine marked yesterday and I will have to re do 2 tasks,the person marking mine is asking for more information on questions that are not in the task,not sure why,I now have to wait for NMCA to unlock my work so I can re do them,let me know if you are stuck and I will help as much as I can.Sarah

jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

ive just had mine back, i just need to add to my financial plan and accident policy.
    there rest passed and she said i was really detailed
    Anyway i can help?
    hugs and lollipops

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

well just as one example, my leaflet for task 5.

Obviously, there is tons they want you to put into a leaflet that would usually just contain basic information for the 'reader' to get an idea. So the response I got from the assessor was:

A fantastic wel presented leaflet showing a good knowledge on how to proivde a health and safe environment to fully meet the criteria you need to explain the principles of safe supervision to nclude close constant general giving examples of how each is used
    (and thats been copied & pasted exactly how its been written, spelling & grammar mistakes an' all!)

This is the section of my leaflet which I thought covered this (the key point being: Explain the principles of safe supervision of children in the home based setting and off site):
    While the children are in my care, their safety and security is paramount to me.
    When in my setting, I ensure that any dangerous objects are well out of reach of children, covers are placed on empty plug sockets, corner cushions are on all blunt corners, loose wires are tucked away.
    By doing these things, children are able to explore freely without risk, however they are still supervised to ensure no harm can come of them.
    While out on adventures with the children, we will always abide by the ‘Green Cross Code’ and will ensure the children learn the ways of the road too.
    They will be taught not to talk to strangers and will always be within secure view if they are allowed to be separated from the group.
    I will always check an area is completely safe before allowing children to explore independently.

How can I extend on this, as she wants, without having to re-do my whole leaflet as there is literally no room unless I remove something else!
    It is quite frustrating that someone who cannot write in sentences or spell simple words is able to assess my work to be honest! x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As frustrating as it is she has given you the info you need to include in your re submission. You (somehow!) have to include examples of where you would use constant supervision (using scissors doing arts and crafts), close supervision (toddler on a slide) and general (older child doing home work where you can hear/see if they are ok). Can you make your font smaller to fit it in? And remember it's not the layout they're looking at, it's the content
    Although it doesn't specifically ask for this in the criteria it does cover it in the text book and without this wonderful forum I wouldn't have been so clued up that it was one topic that assessors where hot on

HTH and if you need anything else feel free to shout x

Ps – I would be peeved if I got that comment back to with the mistakes! Spell check only takes a few moments

jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

supervision
    i did a brief description of all free and the did an example for each. close is within a reachable distance (so that you can be there as soon as possible, as two princesses said the scissors wuld be good for this), constant is all the time (baby), general when you are in a distance when you can still hear them or you may leave them for 5 mins and then come back to check (if the children were all quietly watching a film you would not need close, constant supervision).

hope this helps
    it is annoying that they expect you to know what they want.
    anything else pop it on here, these lots helped me so much with my work, i'm not sure what i would have done.
    hugs and lollipops

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks ladies x

Another one which I thought I had done exactly what was asked was assignment 8.

Her comments:
    A good start to this task to complete you need to provide more deail of the signs ,symptoms,indicators and behaviours which may cause concern and outline the regulatory requirements you follow eg crb,safeguarding policy etc

Is this not what I've wrote then?! my work:
    Parents are always made fully aware of my safeguarding policy and legal requirements for if I suspect abuse before I start minding their child/children.
    If I do suspect abuse, there are quite a few symptoms, behaviours or indicators to look out for. For example, a child who is normally quite friendly, chatty and bubbly can become quiet and shy or afraid of people. A child who is normally quiet and/or well behaved could become loud, disruptive, aggressive or rude.
    There are also physical marks to the body, especially in areas that are not always seen. The child may become persistent and refuse to change clothing (in the risk someone would see the bruises) or possibly easily frightened if you move towards them suddenly. Abuse could also be a cause of a child being or looking underweight, dirty or scruffy. There is also the possibility of a child actually telling you they are being abused. This may not necessarily be outright but they may indicate what is happening in drawings or stories.
    If any of the above did come to my attention, I would make a note of all the information available to me, including what the child is normally like, which would then be used when referring to professional bodies such as Ofsted, NCMA, children service’s. I will also note anything the child has told me but under no circumstances will I prompt the child to tell me more.
    If I do have reason to question a child’s welfare, it is my duty and also a legal requirement to contact the local children service’s as well as Ofsted for advice and support and for an investigation to be started if they feel the need to do so.
    This will all be completed in confidence abiding by data protection rules.
    If an allegation is made towards myself, I will first report it to Ofsted following safeguarding policies within England. When contacting them, I will ensure to have all the below information available:
    * Childs full name and address
    * Factual details of the allegation, including what the child has said, if there were any witnesses, any physical marks that have been pointed out as part of the complaint
    * Any other information the parent has supplied and any actions taken since it was raised.
    I will also contact the National Childminding Association (NCMA) for any advice or support I may need.
    I am fully aware that I should not try to investigate the allegation myself and all information should be kept confidential between the parties involved.

Its mad what they expect you to know to be able to 'get the grade'. Its like what they write (on the assignment details) and what they actually want, are completely different ends of the spectrum! lol x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I split mine into the different types of abuse and wrote a piece about the possible signs/symptoms of them. I thought I'd written a quite extensive list (over 600 words) but it was sent back for more info too! In total for that task I wrote 1365 words.
    If it helps I did a sub heading for each point on the task criteria
    Concept
    Signs and symptoms
    Requirements
    Procedure
    And then wrote a piece about each. I did this on all tasks as I found it made me cover each criteria point so I didn't miss anything.
    I think you just need to expand on each type of abuse and maybe list the possible sign (both physical and emotional/behavioural).
    Let me know if you need anything else.

jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Two Princesses View Post
    I split mine into the different types of abuse and wrote a piece about the possible signs/symptoms of them. I thought I'd written a quite extensive list (over 600 words) but it was sent back for more info too! In total for that task I wrote 1365 words.
    If it helps I did a sub heading for each point on the task criteria
    Concept
    Signs and symptoms
    Requirements
    Procedure
    And then wrote a piece about each. I did this on all tasks as I found it made me cover each criteria point so I didn't miss anything.
    I think you just need to expand on each type of abuse and maybe list the possible sign (both physical and emotional/behavioural).
    Let me know if you need anything else.
    i also wrote about the accident/ non accident areas of the body (including pictures) i wrote about how certain physical signs would appear, bruising patterns, scalds like socks and gloves. i went into alot of detail. i used the NSPCC help sheet to so this on signs of abuse
    hugs and lollipops

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rejected

Quote Originally Posted by faerielies View Post
    i also wrote about the accident/ non accident areas of the body (including pictures) i wrote about how certain physical signs would appear, bruising patterns, scalds like socks and gloves. i went into alot of detail. i used the NSPCC help sheet to so this on signs of abuse
    i have not had one piece rejected it, i make sure i go into a lot of detail and cover every aspect i can, i enclose pictures, graphs, fact sheets where possible x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey LittleLegs, just wondering what you decided to do about your coursework? Did you ask for a re-assessment or try to get the amendments done?
    x

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya hun,

I decided to work through it! although I've still got 2 to complete (by the 3rd now) but I'm struggling with both of them!

I have 2 new mindees starting tomorrow at 7am (brothers) so I really need to knuckle down and try & get them done over the next few evenings but its so hard considering my little boy (18months) keeps fighting bed time and, for example, is still up now!!!

jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLegsCM View Post
    Hiya hun,

I decided to work through it! although I've still got 2 to complete (by the 3rd now) but I'm struggling with both of them!

I have 2 new mindees starting tomorrow at 7am (brothers) so I really need to knuckle down and try & get them done over the next few evenings but its so hard considering my little boy (18months) keeps fighting bed time and, for example, is still up now!!!
    what are you still struggling with? maybe we can help
    hugs and lollipops

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I can relate to that my 25 month old DD is a PITA at bedtime (all the time really ) and after struggling with her I don't feel like doing anything that doesn't involve a glass of wine!
    what are you still struggling with? maybe we can help
    agreed, let us know and we can see what's missing

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry I havent replied before its been an absolute manic week which really hasnt helped me get this done (

I'm still to do task 8, which I've got to be honest and say I've been avoiding. No matter what I write, it looks ridiculous and I just cant get my head around everything she wants (

I feel so stupid because of it but lil man decided this week, that being up 3/4 times a night as well as refusing to go back to bed from about 5.30am was a great way to help mummy with her 7am-6pm hours so my mind has not been with it at all! (

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, don't talk to me about task 8! I had mine sent back a third time The assessor was good though and said if I got it back within 5 days she would mark it before my account was locked. Logged in this morning and it's all green (passed) with a note saying good luck and best wishes! If you need any help pm me your email addy and I'll see what I can do.
    HTH and stay strong x the end is near and you'll be so proud when its done.

jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no poor lil man and poor you. Pm your e-mail to me and i will e-mail what i've done. Then you can have a look at whats passed for both and come up with what you need.
    hugs and lollipops

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

aww ladies, thank you so much for your kind offers. Would be a weight off my mind if I at least knew what I wrote was going to be acceptable!

I'll PM you both this evening when I can get on the laptop if thats Ok? thank you so much again <3 xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast