Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cypop5 task 7 help please

Hi all
    I am working my way through this CYPOP5 course, I have one part left to do then I am all done.
    Please can anybody help? I have to compare resources available for children with their strengths and weaknesses, so far I have:
    Cooking, play dough, soft play centrs, outdoor play parks, nature walks
    I am now stuck,dont know how many examples they want but if I could get another couple I think that would be ok.
    Any help would be great.
    thank you
    sarah

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Reply

Hi Sarah

Doing the same course as you. What about board games and dressing up?
    Hope this helps.

I have a question to: Im stuck on- Demonstrate finiacial planning for home based childcare service?

Not sure if they are asking for a list of expenses or where i could get advice ie business link etc.

Sam

JAN 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hi there,

im doing this course also, finding it all a bit daunting but this site has been a great help! I have included music in my task 7, using shakers, banging on drums etc. Also making musical instruments from arts and crafts the rest i have you have also got. good luck!

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU BOTH,great ideas,fingers crossed I will get it done BUT just had OFSTED on the phone,my inspection is tomorrow!!!

Sam, for planning I did what I was going to charge (copied my fees into it) then what start up costs I had, equipment, toys, insurances, ofsted fees, advertising, then did a predicted revenue forcast (based on max numbers when full) put a bit in about tax and NI,hope that helps.

thanks again
    Sarah

jun 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default financial planning

Hi
    I'm doing this course and for the financial planning i showed how i would do my finances for a month.
    i wrote a few sentences detailing what types of children i will have (full time, pre school and school) then detailed how much i would charge for each child. The i did a table detailing the month, income, expenditures (which i seperated into seperate columns for;
    heat, light, rent, water and council tax;
    toys and equipment;
    food
    misc (birthdays, training, insurance)
    then total expenditure

Net income
    Amount to be put aside for tax.
    i used the HM revenues help for childminding to work out what percentage to use when working out individual costs.

Ive not put the start out finances in but i think i will add this info to the beginning of this section.

I'm just starting section 7 and ive got a few really useful things from the working with kids website. I've used their articles quite alot of my tasks so far.