I have decided I hate and have had enough of this cypop 5 course !
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have decided I hate and have had enough of this cypop 5 course !

I have been doing this course for what feels like an age now, things keep cropping up and it keeps getting pushed to the back of my mind.

Although i have worked with children for 14 years in various settings and i know the answers to the questions im finding it so hard answering the tasks, does anyone else have trouble putting brain to words for things like this ???

Every time i get the documents open on the laptop i just seem to hit a brick wall and cant get into work mode and getting even some words out is like getting blood out of a stone ! Even doing the ironing seems like a much better idea than doing the assignments i have got left and thats saying an awful lot

Katie

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh look this isn't task 5! how did that happen?

My goodness i'm so in the same boat.
    I have got a sheet of paper put the titles down and then did bullet points on all i know. then i write it all in sentances. Very easy. doean't make it any more interesting. Currently doing some missed risk assessments instead, how is a park a danger..... zzzzzzzz

I have so far sent two messages to mentors and got no answer too so bit peeved! i can only submit .wps and can't fill in the title sheet!

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

i have no experience of this although i do have dhc, nvq l3 ccld cert in EYFS practice and early years found deg. let me know what it's asking for and i will see if i can signpost you in the right direction. fair enough?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here so when I found out I dont need it here in Wales I have not touched in since
    By being true to myself I live life to the full

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad I am not the only one hating this course. I am doing it online through ncma. They never reply to my enquires, there is a complete lack of support and I need to finish by this weekend!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've re submitted my CYPOP5 twice now and feel the assesor is being very picky!
    I am seriously considering leaving it! The criteria is that it is completed - not passed!!!
    Like you Kate, I have had years of experience and worked as a pre school practitioner for 7 years.
    Enough now!!

xxx

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Have PM'd you Kate.
    xx

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    So glad I am not the only one hating this course. I am doing it online through ncma. They never reply to my enquires, there is a complete lack of support and I need to finish by this weekend!
    doing on line too. i can't submit my first page though and they won't mark it without it. glad i'm not the only one they are ignoring!!! must find a phone number or something!

i know what i am doing but can't be bothered x

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeams View Post
    I've re submitted my CYPOP5 twice now and feel the assesor is being very picky!
    I am seriously considering leaving it! The criteria is that it is completed - not passed!!!
    Like you Kate, I have had years of experience and worked as a pre school practitioner for 7 years.
    Enough now!!

xxx
    bit worried now. not to be nosy but what are they picky on? i haven't formatted as 'leaflet' or 'poster' but all the info is there. is that ok?

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Im quite pleased with myself today i belted out task 8 which now just leaves 7 and 9 ! 9 looks quite small so fingers crossed half a day on it on thursday maybe and it will be done, then just 7 to do !

Im going to treat myself to something massive when i have done this course for sure :-)

I am doing it through the NCMA too online and i must admit though i have only emailed the tutors once since the start and it took a day to get back to me but were helpful

Sunbeams did you mean you have pm'd me ? Nothing has come through ?

Katie

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really struggling with it too I've worked with children before as well! does anyone know when you send a piece off for assessment what they actually do?
    xXxJENBEANxXx

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have sent off all the ones i have done so far 7 of them and the tutor said she will check them for me, i guess they check it all and see what things we need to put in to make it a pass ??

Fingers crossed what i have done so far is good enough

Katie

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jo.jo76 View Post
    you really should let ncma know that you're not happy with the lack of support you know?

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marleymoo View Post
    you really should let ncma know that you're not happy with the lack of support you know?
    Yes I will! :-)

I've submitted everything this evening, so hopefully I will finally get some response from them!

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Omg!
    I know what you mean!!!
    Task 5 has been the worse for me, still on now!! But i have no motivation whatsoever!!!

For a start you don't really get any support... 2..It looks more like a book than a leaflet.... 3 i feel like im getting closer to finishing and then another question stops me in my tracks.
    So fraustrating!

You know when you submit anything.. Do you submit it all at once? Because i'm sure thats what i was told.. And i really don't understand the whole referencing your work and what other sheets to send of with my work.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank youu!

C x

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default iv just getting a refer

hi i submitted my CYPOP5 course work on monday and had a email back saying i had a refer. i have failed on on section of task 7. 5.2 i seem to have miss read the question. all the other work has passed so just need to get this section redone. i was really nervous about sending mine in as never done anything like this since leaving school in 1994.
    im doing my course through MNT training.

jo x

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I submitted all mine on 18th August and heard absolutely nothing so far!