Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vision2learn Equality and Diversity Assessment 3

Hi started to do this course online. I have done Assessment 1 and then we have to do Assessment 3.

I am finding it so hard. I can't answer any of the questions.

For example:Prepare a short report on how your chosen place of work / study promotes (communicates) policies and practices for equality and diversity to employees and external stakeholders (such as customers and the community). Provide specific examples

and
    Describe the organisation’s punishments or sanctions for any breech in the policies / codes of practice / guidelines where equality and diversity are concerned.

I have been minding for 21 years so am not familiar with any other workplace to be able to use instead.

Anyone got any ideas how to answer the questions?
    littletreasures xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you use a children's centre at all? Could you do it based on that?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Childminder's aren't allowed to use the Children's Centres here
    littletreasures xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littletreasures View Post
    Hi started to do this course online. I have done Assessment 1 and then we have to do Assessment 3.

I am finding it so hard. I can't answer any of the questions.

For example:Prepare a short report on how your chosen place of work / study promotes (communicates) policies and practices for equality and diversity to employees and external stakeholders (such as customers and the community). Provide specific examples

External stakeholders are parents so just talk about how you share your policies and procedures with parents.

You could talk about how a parent has asked questions or given you suggestions which feed into your diversity policy or how parents have supported you in a themed equality activity you have run with the children.

and
    Describe the organisation’s punishments or sanctions for any breech in the policies / codes of practice / guidelines where equality and diversity are concerned.

Does your equality of opportunity policy or welcome booklet talk about how you welcome all children to the provision and support children and their families to be aware of similarities as well as differences?

You could extend that to say how children are not punished or given sanctions for breaching the policies... they are supported and helped to understand through a series of planned and free play opportunities which include using eg cooking utensils from around the world...

I have been minding for 21 years so am not familiar with any other workplace to be able to use instead.

Anyone got any ideas how to answer the questions?
    I suggest you think out of the box a bit and bend the questions to what you know and how you work. They are not 'one size fits all'.

If your tutor isn't happy s/he should then give you another direction / angle for them

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely you base it on your place of work. That is what we have to do for the CYPW course.

So it would be your Policies and Proceedures. How do you show them to parents (your clients) in a Parent folder which they can borrow before they sign a Contract. Then they sign to say they have read and a gree to them and you give them their own set.

If you work with an assistant how do you share them with them.

What do you do if a parent or assistant doen't follow the policies? Talk to them, write to them, warnings for an assistant?

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

arh I've just been accepted on this course and due to start tomorrow...

Can't help you littletreasures but good luck x
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I work in a Children's Centre too so mine was based on that. For the short report I wrote about how the manager makes sure all staff read the P&Ps and how I as creche leader make sure my staff do (eg temp staff). So for CMing how do you share policies with parents, children, others who work with you, network people, ofsted....? I wrote about the manager asking us to do spcific training - what training do you do? How do you communicate this to others? How do you communicate changes in your ploicies or in legislation? How do you know there have been changes? When might you need to change them? (eg if there was an incident) I then wrote about how we chare the policies with families - in the Centre's case brief notes of some are on display (eg having a no smacking policy) and details on how to see the full version available.

For the next question I was a bit cheeky and pointed out that breech refers to birth, and they might mean breach..... I wrote this:
    "The Children’s Centre aims to create an environment where all people are equally welcome, valued and treated. Failure to do so, towards employees, potential employees, volunteers or centre users (or through advertising, eg by deliberately or accidentally excluding some people from certain activities) would result in certain sanctions.

For a more minor offence, such as a flyaway comment by a service user or staff member, a verbal warning and a chat from the manager (or, in the Creche, from me as the crèche leader, although I would pass any concerns on to the manager too) and further monitoring of behaviour would suffice. However, for more serious breaches (NB ‘breech’, as in the question above, refers to the lower part of the human trunk, hence ‘breech birth’ – it may be an idea to suggest that gets changed!) and in policy, codes of practice or guidelines disciplinary action may be required, such as being asked to leave the centre on a temporary or even permanent basis, equally relevant to staff or centre users.

Serious breaches may also result in legal action being taken against the perpetrator."

I copied and pasted it as it's not going to be transferrable to a CM setting but gives you an idea of what you could put. My tutor was happy with both answers.

HTH and good luck!
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

BuggsieMoo Guest

Send me your email address - ive done this course and passed it with vision to learn and can send you my notes x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies

I really wasn't thinking outside the box at all.

I looked at the questions and thought I can't do that and panicked.

You've given me some good ideas and hopefully will be able to complete it now.
    littletreasures xx

Post Thanks / Like

i can't belive childminders are not allowed to the childrens centre, thats disgusting, i would put a complaint in about that its complete discrimination, what if mum works full time its not fair on the child, i'd be going mad if ours did that, lucky they are lovely even helping us set up a chilminding group.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe me we have complained and complained.

We even took it to the local newspaper. We said they were discriminating against the children, especially as a couple of us have children with disabilities.

No joy though
    littletreasures xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoerhymes View Post
    i can't belive childminders are not allowed to the childrens centre, thats disgusting, i would put a complaint in about that its complete discrimination, what if mum works full time its not fair on the child, i'd be going mad if ours did that, lucky they are lovely even helping us set up a chilminding group.
    Ours is the same. Its quite common.

BuggsieMoo Guest

Have emailed my notes over for you - hope they help x

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BuggsieMoo View Post
    Have emailed my notes over for you - hope they help x
    Hi BuggsieMoo,

could you please help me sending me your notes.
    I would really appreciate your help, as I'm really straggle to complete this part of Assestment.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Idry View Post
    Hi BuggsieMoo,

could you please help me sending me your notes.
    I would really appreciate your help, as I'm really straggle to complete this part of Assestment.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
    Hi,

BuggsieMoo is denoted as guest so no longer has a profile. Maybe someone else could assist

feb 11
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done this pm your email and I will send you my stuff x