Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First aid courses

I was due to renew my first aid 3 months ago but cannot find a funded course in my area as they are all full.

There is hardly any work in my area at the moment and i am currently only caring for one child part time so cannot afford to pay myself or take time off to do a week day coursse.

I have emailed Kent cpd online but they are saying i have to wait until August to see if any more courses become available. Does anybody know of any other funded first aid coarses that are available to childminders

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kent CIS come on the forum ... you could send them a pm.

I have had a dreadful time sorting out my course recently too so I sympathise with you.

We don't get funding in my area and haven't for a while... mine is costing £90

however you are working illegally if your certificate is out of date so you do need to take urgent action.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

we don't get funded courses either - mine is costing £90 as well - its a shame but i guess part and parcel of being self-employed - my DH had to pay £400 every 4 years to renew his ADI registration.
    Blessed Be!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

please try Red Cross honey. I just booked mine through the local Adult Ed. centre with them for £58. They have funding for next year which means they can offer it for £35.

Call your local branch and ask them.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
    I was due to renew my first aid 3 months ago but cannot find a funded course in my area as they are all full.

There is hardly any work in my area at the moment and i am currently only caring for one child part time so cannot afford to pay myself or take time off to do a week day coursse.

I have emailed Kent cpd online but they are saying i have to wait until August to see if any more courses become available. Does anybody know of any other funded first aid coarses that are available to childminders
    Hi Rainy

I've had exactly the same thing with Kent CPD. I got this email from them, after they cancelled my course TWICE

Unfortunately all the Paediatric First Aid courses are full for this Academic year 2010-11. Registered childminder courses are only run on a Saturday. The waitlists for these courses are built from the bookings cancelled due to the event being full. If someone cancels their place I then check through the cancelled places and offer it to one of the cancelled bookings.
    To be place on a waitlist you need to have been cancelled from a course.

I wasn't impressed. But on a lighter note, I was told by 2 accredited CMs on a conference I attended recently that as long as we are booked onto a course, then we're not working illegally. I'm going to try Red Cross as suggested on here. Good luck hunnie

Hels xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks everyone, i will try the red cross as suggested. I know other people in my area who are also waiting to get on courses

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
    thanks everyone, i will try the red cross as suggested. I know other people in my area who are also waiting to get on courses

They phoned me up today and said they have a cancellation and are offering me a place Hope same happens for you hun x

Hels xx