Help - Current Legislation/Regulatory Bodies
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Help - Current Legislation/Regulatory Bodies

Hi I have just started my training for CYPOP5 and I really need help getting started with my assignment. It requires information on the current legislation for home based childcare and the role of the regulatory bodies.

Would it be detailing about the Ofsted and EYR registers or is there more to it? And I guess the regulator is OFSTED so I need more detail about this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction - ie a good website etc

Thank you in advance - I think I need help with this to get me in the right mindset!!

Jan 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help - Current Legislation/Regulatory Bodies

I would write about the requirements of the EYFS and also the 5 Every Child Matters outcomes. I would also outline Ofsted's responsibilities and your responsibilities to Ofsted. Have you got the CYPOP5 handbook yet? that should outline what your answers should incorporate.

Good luck

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help - Current Legislation/Regulatory Bodies

i am just reading my cypop5 book and doing my assignment on this one - have you received your copy? this mentions all of them and as a childminder, think we need to include most /if not all of them?

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Girls how did you do ont his ? Im just starting ? Am mentioning the Childcare act 2006 and the children act 2004 and the bringing about of the EYFS but not sure what other important ones to include - it seems it may make the info sheet too long if i go into too many >

Quote Originally Posted by nb73 View Post
    i am just reading my cypop5 book and doing my assignment on this one - have you received your copy? this mentions all of them and as a childminder, think we need to include most /if not all of them?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Legislation covering home-based cildminders

Hi does anyone know the legislation that covers home-based childminders. I am doing my assignment 1 for my CYPOP 5 and am a bit confused with table 2.1 and choosing what legislation covers us. Thanks very much

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Legislation includes - Equality Act 2010, Eyfs, Childcare Register, UN Convention on the rights of the child, Every Child Matters Agenda and many more.

Hth

jul 11
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks you've all been so much help. I've just started CYPOP'5, and was struggling . Thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy legislation home based bodies

Hi,Please some one help me with my assessment legislation home based childcare . what is role of regulatory bodies.

please please.
    i don`t know what to write

Thanks.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Thelongfamily View Post
    Hi I have just started my training for CYPOP5 and I really need help getting started with my assignment. It requires information on the current legislation for home based childcare and the role of the regulatory bodies.

Would it be detailing about the Ofsted and EYR registers or is there more to it? And I guess the regulator is OFSTED so I need more detail about this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction - ie a good website etc

Thank you in advance - I think I need help with this to get me in the right mindset!!
    hi, can u help me I`m having same problem. please[/email].
    Thanks

n/a
    Non childminder member
    student
    Post Thanks / Like

Default current legislation for home based childcare

Hiya, Ive just started the level 3 cache diploma for home based childcare and the first question has already got me worried! Does anyone know of any book I can get which will help me through this course?

Also how am I supposed to outline the laws when there are sooo many of them?

any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Rachel

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default home based childcare

I have just started the online childminding course too, and feel confused by question 1 already. Any advice on what to write about the home based childcare legislations?

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also trying to make sense of the CYPOP5 and it's not at all user friendly I strongly recommend using the Task Guidance if you've not already and moving on to the next task if you're struggling.

Post Thanks / Like

hi i'm currently doing the children and young poeples workforce level 3 and after many unsuccessfull attempts to find a job i've decided to become a childminder. I have the penny tassoni book which goes with the course it has they cypop 5 unit in it, according to the book you only have to write about ofsted if you live in the uk. It says obtain statutory requirements for registration they enforce xx

Post Thanks / Like

Default exchange cypop 5

I can help with CYPOP 5 answers in exchange for business and financial plan.
    All my answers got mark 4 and I need someone business plan thats been already marked and accept it.

Thx

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid I can't help with a marked busniess plan but just curious really. Did they send yours back? Did you do a template or write your own business plan?
    What's a mark 4? I don't even know how this bl**dy course will be marked :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Default cypop 5

Quote Originally Posted by Two Princesses View Post
    I'm afraid I can't help with a marked busniess plan but just curious really. Did they send yours back? Did you do a template or write your own business plan?
    What's a mark 4? I don't even know how this bl**dy course will be marked :-(
    Mark 4 means the answer been accept it if is less than 4 you need work on it.I am doing my course with nanny agency so I dont have to send them full course they check my course every week. I am stuck on business plus as a nanny I have s hours and money each months so for me to do a business plan for childminder is a huge problem.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anglia92 View Post
    I can help with CYPOP 5 answers in exchange for business and financial plan.
    All my answers got mark 4 and I need someone business plan thats been already marked and accept it.

Thx
    I can help with the business plan as mine has been marked and haven't had to change it - Would i be able to have help with some of my answers please?

mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I amm doing the Cache level 3 diploma and am now onto the optional units, cypop5 is the one im working on now. No one told me just how hard this would be lol

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CYPOP5 eek!

I've been working with a family for almost nine years now and the children are no longer in need of a nanny and the family don't need me in the same way as they used to, so I decided that childminding would be the best option for me, work-wise, as it will enable me to continue working and also care for my own two children (currently aged 6 years old and 6 weeks old). Having finally looked at what is involved in the CYPOP5 course I feel a bit overwhelmed and don't really know where to start! I never did enjoy homework and I really need to get some motivation and enthusiasm for this.

Hopefully, having other people, who are doing the course, to 'talk' to will help to motivate me

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare level 3 assignment 1

Quote Originally Posted by rachel.merry91 View Post
    Hiya, Ive just started the level 3 cache diploma for home based childcare and the first question has already got me worried! Does anyone know of any book I can get which will help me through this course?

Also how am I supposed to outline the laws when there are sooo many of them?

any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Rachel
    I asked my tutor and she gave me a list of what to include:

For question 1.1 you need to list the following and give a brief description...
    - Children act 2004
    - Children act 2006
    Equality act 2010
    - Children and families act 2014
    -Data protection act 1998

Question 1.2 you need to include...
    - Health and safety of children...
    *Healthy and safety act 1974
    *First aid regulations 1981
    *RIDDOR 1995
    - The safeguarding, protection and welfare of children...
    *National care standards act 2000
    * Children act 1989
    *Working together to safeguard children 2013
    - Equality, diversity ad inclusion...
    *Equality act 2010
    *Disability discrimination act 1995
    *Race relations act 1976

its the last question in this assignment im hesitating on.