Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ICP results, not sure what to do...

Hi, just wanted to see what you all think of this. I did my ICP course at home, the lady came out to my house and I did the exam within 10 days, at her house. She did seem a bit 'dizzy' but I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. I did notice her paperwork wasn't very professional though - this might sound stupid, but I think if you're a trainer and training people for exams, you'd at least do a spell check and make sure your grammar was correct???

Anyway.... one day I had an email from her which began "Lisa"... my name is Louise!!! And she asked me if County Hall have me registered as Louise Clarke. So, I'm Lisa? And Clarke isn't my surname?!!! So at that point I was thinking she clearly wasn't very organised and had no idea who I was! lol.

I went to her house to take the exam. Another lady turned up 15 minutes late, so I was mid-way through, with examiner opening her post across the table from me - slightly offputting, but hey ho. And then another lady shuffles in and has the paperwork explained to her, while I'm doing my exam! All very hilarious, I was thinking. I left with a strange feeling. She said it'd be up to 6 weeks before I got my results. So... the 6 weeks was approaching (it was 6 weeks this Monday) and she rang me last week...

Her: "Um, you did take your exam didn't you?"
    Me: "Yes, at your house, on the 5th of July"
    Her: "Oh yes, that's right. Have you heard anything?"
    Me: "No, not yet. Will it come straight to me? It's been nearly 6 weeks, so I'm hoping it won't be much longer"
    Her: "No, it should come to me, I'll chase them up now"

(so, if went straight to her, why ring ME?!)

Heard nothing from her again, so on Tuesday I emailed... "have you heard anything yet as I'd like to know if I've passed so I can move on to the next unit"... etc. She's replied today:

"yours is the only one that hasnt come back with a result
    Cache are investigating what has happened to your exam paper and I am waiting for a response - I cant believe it - Im so sorry and as soon as I know anything I will let you know"

I'm fuming. She got me to take the exam quickly - which I was glad of in the end - and I had to arrange evening childcare. When I left her house I had a strange feeling that she was so dizzy, what if she forgot to send it off. And now this! I've waited over 6 weeks already, and wanted to advertise for a full-timer and be able to tell parents if I HAVE passed!!

What would you do? Can I just contact CACHE direct? Or will they only talk to the examiner?

xxx

sep 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ICP results, not sure what to do...

OMG this sounds like some sort of Mr Bean episode! I really don't understand why you were taking exams in someones house in the first place tbh. I would have been in contact with CACHE as soon as I left from the exam, to compalin about the conditions. When I did mine we were in a classroom type room, not allowed to speak, had to arrive 10 mins before exam started or not allowed in, had ID checked and when we had finished had to wait in silence until time was up. It was a completely different experience to yours, and I would definately be questioning what happened with CACHE if I were you.
    Call them today and speak to someone, not just to chase your results but to compalin Oh, and hope you do get your result soon and all is ok

The more people I meet the more I love my dog

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stillgoingstrong View Post
    OMG this sounds like some sort of Mr Bean episode! I really don't understand why you were taking exams in someones house in the first place tbh. I would have been in contact with CACHE as soon as I left from the exam, to compalin about the conditions. When I did mine we were in a classroom type room, not allowed to speak, had to arrive 10 mins before exam started or not allowed in, had ID checked and when we had finished had to wait in silence until time was up. It was a completely different experience to yours, and I would definately be questioning what happened with CACHE if I were you.
    Call them today and speak to someone, not just to chase your results but to compalin Oh, and hope you do get your result soon and all is ok

I would do this too.

Don't leave it in the hands of this woman, she sounds like a nightmare! Phone them direct and ask them what is happening. Also, keep any correspondence that you have had from her, as you will need this, should you put in any complaint against her.

Good luck.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Update....

I've phoned CACHE this morning, they're so helpful They said they're waiting for my results so they can issue a certificate (or not, lol!). The people marking the papers are called Cyborg. After a long chat about it all, and telling them my concerns about this woman, I went off to find Cyborg's number, but with no luck. So, I rang CACHE back and was answered by the lady who's been dealing with my case. She said she's asked my examiner for the recorded delivery number so they can find out where it went missing... and guess what.... her reply was "it wasn't a Royal Mail delivery"... OK, so they've now confirmed that no matter how she sent it, she HAS to get proof of posting, it's regulatory for her to do this and she knows it! SO.... let's take a wild guess - she hasn't sent them?!!!!????? I'm fuming! The hassle to take the exam, etc, and desperately wanting to pass and advertise as having passed! I'm absolutely livid. I'm just going to email her and ask for the recorded delivery number, see what she says. Then I'm ringing County Hall to tell them what's happened. They paid for the exam and now they're not giving funding, so let's hope she stumps up for the ****-up she's made!!!

Grrrrrr!!!!!

Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know what happens.xx

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no

bless your heart

xxx
    Jennie x x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, I really hope you get some answers soon

Pipsqueak Guest

That is appalling.
    Put it all in writing and complain and make darned sure that whoever knows that you want reimbursing for the exam, time wasted (cause you are going to consider sueing aren't you in accordance with the legal advice that you are now taking ) and the potential loss of earnings through not being able to register.....

hope it gets sorted quickly

Apr10
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my word that's shocking.Mine also was taken in exam like conditions.Nearly made me sick like being back at school.I really can't imagine going to someones home to do it.I hope it all gets sorted for you and this woman is pulled up about it.It can't be left as it is that's for sure!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just read this and can't believe it! hope you get it sorted honey.