Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DHC Unit 4

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Question DHC Unit 4

Hi im hoping any of you ladies can help me please. im on E1 of unit 4 'descibe TWO factors that influence a parents choice of childcare' i have taken a quote 'not everyone works 9-5' and i have written about how cm's can offer flexible childcare to suit families needs compared with other forms of childcare. i want to say how these are a huge factor when parents are choosing c/c but dont know how to word it IYGWIM???

This is my first attempt at an assignment and if you think i could put anything else i would be grateful.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: DHC Unit 4

When choosing childcare parents have to carefully consider their own working hours: shift work, earlier or later than normal start and finish times including traveling times.

Childminders excel within the area of flexible working hours and can accomodate alternative working days. Other provisions have more rigid and structured opening hours and of course this may not be suitable to the parent who has to work until seven pm and then an hours car journey home. Being self employed a childminder sets their own working hours and therefore can dicuss with parents their needs and come to a mutal agreement.

sorry, my brain is coming to a standstill at the moment.... hope that sets you of in the right direction and if not there will be others along soon

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DHC Unit 4

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    When choosing childcare parents have to carefully consider their own working hours: shift work, earlier or later than normal start and finish times including traveling times.

Childminders excel within the area of flexible working hours and can accomodate alternative working days. Other provisions have more rigid and structured opening hours and of course this may not be suitable to the parent who has to work until seven pm and then an hours car journey home. Being self employed a childminder sets their own working hours and therefore can dicuss with parents their needs and come to a mutal agreement.

sorry, my brain is coming to a standstill at the moment.... hope that sets you of in the right direction and if not there will be others along soon

Oh my god, thanyou so much Pipsqueak thats brilliant, i could cry because its so good, i cant thankyou enough... ur an angel Worries me slightly now though as i cant match it on my other catagories lol

Thanks again xxx