Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Babcock / early years paediatric first aid course

Hi,

I need to renew my paediatric first aid and have found out that babcock are no longer funding it and its gone up to £132p/p!!!!!! There is me and my Mum (we work together) and we have teamed up with a local nursery who have 2 members of staff that also need it who we can join up with to do the course. Doing this we can find someone privately who will do it at £65 p/p. But the nursery manager that we are teaming up with, says that "early years" are offering it for £30 as they haven't been affected by babcock cutting the funding. I have asked her to check this, but she hasn't had time yet and I need to speed up the process due to my Mum going on a long holiday soon! I have searched and searched but do not understand what she means. Who is early years and how do I contact them about paed's first aid course?!?!?!? PLEASE HELP!!!!! I'm starting to go mad lol!
    Many thanks, Jenny.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi, I'm sorry but I have no idea about babcock. Is it a local first-aid to you? Maybe Early years means your LA early years? I would phone your LA ... FIS is my point of contact and ask them.

I pay about £60 for my first aid, and my trainer offered it as 'half and half' ... you do 6hrs online training and 6hrs classroom ... mainly CPR!

Good luck x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of Babcock either, sorry.

Loocyloo yours is so cheap. I know we're in different parts of the country, which obviously makes a difference.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was £75 and it involved 2 x 6 hours in a classroom environment. Although with breaks each day lasted about 8 hours.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I haven't heard of Babcock either, sorry.

Loocyloo yours is so cheap. I know we're in different parts of the country, which obviously makes a difference.
    I have to travel about an hour and 15 mins to do it at that price. A 12 hr classroom course is 2 days which is either alot of driving or a b&b! But i would probably have to travel at least 45mins or so to get to any training that would cost double!

It's really good though ... ex military trainers and down to earth, no faffing or playing around with fake blood/wounds that I've had before! ( I don't 'do' blood so that's horrendous! ... I can deal with real blood in a real situation, just not pretend)

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennyandchris View Post
    Hi,

I need to renew my paediatric first aid and have found out that babcock are no longer funding it and its gone up to £132p/p!!!!!! There is me and my Mum (we work together) and we have teamed up with a local nursery who have 2 members of staff that also need it who we can join up with to do the course. Doing this we can find someone privately who will do it at £65 p/p. But the nursery manager that we are teaming up with, says that "early years" are offering it for £30 as they haven't been affected by babcock cutting the funding. I have asked her to check this, but she hasn't had time yet and I need to speed up the process due to my Mum going on a long holiday soon! I have searched and searched but do not understand what she means. Who is early years and how do I contact them about paed's first aid course?!?!?!? PLEASE HELP!!!!! I'm starting to go mad lol!
    Many thanks, Jenny.
    I can’t give a definitive answer, but if a nursery manager had said that to me, I’d be thinking they most likely meant our local authority Early Years training team.

IIWY I’d 'phone the nursery manager and ask for the contact details of 'Early Years’, and say I’ll make the call as the manager obviously has a lot on her plate. She may be glad of the offer.

8. Likes Maza liked this post