Resources training for fun
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Resources training for fun

I know this is a long shot but last year I went on a story sack course run by my local children's centre. I got a lot out of the course in terms of ideas, inspiration and it gave me so much enthusiasm for making and adapting resources. I would love to do more courses but havent been able to find anything else. I've found mentions on different forums of people making story boards as part of their NNEB etc but nothing that I could do now. I find alot from pinterest etc but don't learn as much as I did from this story sack course. If anyone knows of anything like this I'd really appreciate a link. From the story sacks course I feel it really improved outcomes in my setting especially for the pre schoolers so if I can continuously improve my provision in this way I'd really like to.

Thank you
    Amy

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a brilliant course! How amazing of your children's centre to do that.

It really is great when you get to go on courses that are fun, and excite and inspire you. They are a refreshing change to the serious stuff like Safeguarding, Prevent, First Aid etc.

Our LA charges now for all courses, so a lot of people can only do the mandatory courses. It's such a shame as we need fun courses to stop our practice becoming stale.

Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Maza
    The course was fab I loved it. Our LA charges for all apart from safeguarding now. I booked a place on a course by a forest school leader which was called 'outdoor artist' that I was looking forward to, but unfortunately it was cancelled as not enough people wanted to do it. I don't want my setting to get stagnant so looking for a bit of inspiration really.
    Amy

4. Likes Maza liked this post