Pre reg qualifications
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre reg qualifications

Hi all, I'm new here pre reg right at the beginning of my childminding journey. I already have a btec national diploma in childhood studies and a ba hons in Early Childhood Studies. Do I still need to do the home based childcare course? Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre reg

Quote Originally Posted by dribs View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here pre reg right at the beginning of my childminding journey. I already have a btec national diploma in childhood studies and a ba hons in Early Childhood Studies. Do I still need to do the home based childcare course? Thanks
    Hi there

You don't need to but although those courses gives you degrees, it doesn't really help you with home based childminding and how you have to have your setting ready for inspections and things like that.

You probably know already that you will still need to have First Aid, CRB, Food hygiene etc.....

I am also a pre reg. Just getting my house ready.

I would love to chat to some more pre-reg childminders too!