GCSE English for Early Years Educators
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GCSE English for Early Years Educators

Hi I know this qualification is an exit requirement for the Level 3 Diploma. I got the Maths when I was at school but never managed the English. I have higher qualifications in English but im aware I have to have the GCSE. However due to the hours I work as a childminder im not available to go to the local college when they are running the evening course, therefore Im going to have to bite the bullet and pay out £300 and complete the course online then just sit the exam. The thing that worries me is that the GCSE English for distance learning is called iGCSE I just want to make sure this still fulfills the requirement for Early Years Educator. I have searched but cant find anything concrete, ive looked through Pacey and read through other guidance but there is nothing definitive that answers the question.
    Thanks again
    I love this forum
    Amy

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter did her GCSE's at school 18 months ago. She did a mixture of GCSE's and IGCSE's

Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone, ive registered and enrolled online for iGCSE and found an exam centre 40 minutes away. One step closer to the end goal.
    Thanks again
    Amy