Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which provider to choose?

Hi!

I am considering to do the pre-reg course online instead of sitting in a class.

Can you recommend me please as most of them cost the same.

If I didn't have the kids i wouldn' t hesitate taking the weekly classes in my local college..

Any recommendations/ advice, please

Many thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You should ask your Local Authority for their advice ... they will either provide you with a course or signpost another way of registering

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Their website recommends the 2 most well-known ones (online) and the local college's.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I done the online Pacey course, it was really good and would recommend it. The tutor was brilliant and always replied very quickly to any queries I had.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Czegluk View Post
    Hi!

I am considering to do the pre-reg course online instead of sitting in a class.

Can you recommend me please as most of them cost the same.

If I didn't have the kids i wouldn' t hesitate taking the weekly classes in my local college..

Any recommendations/ advice, please

Many thanks
    you are of course free to choose how to be trained pre registration but please bear in mind the difference between online and face-to-face

The latter does not mean you have to sit in a class...but you get better support and guidance....especially if you are entering childcare the very first time.

Your LA should run a session and may charge for it.
    also look up Pre School Learning Alliance for support

Online training can boost your preparation but often they are very poor when it comes to EYFS contents.

Good luck!

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

When you do training at your local college, you will get to meet other childminders in the same situation as yourself. These will be your very first professional contacts.
    Our locally run course, is run by a very well respected and knowledgable childminder, plus there is also input from our two borough officers ( who were once childminders themselves).
    At a local course, when covering safeguarding, you would be likely to get information regarding your own areas safeguarding . I live near to a very high security hospital/prison. We have a practice alarm that goes off every week. What to do in the event of an alarm would be covered in the initial training, whereas during online training, this type of area specific topic would obviously not be covered.

8. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the answers, these were my thoughts and you comfirmed it.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Czegluk View Post
    Thank you for all the answers, these were my thoughts and you comfirmed it.
    Excellent...hope it helps you decide for the best

I am still a bit confused though as it has been mentioned 'going to college' to do your pre-registration course?
    ...or maybe they mean a degree? or just going to a specific place to be trained?

and yes Cms often do run those courses...a very good thing as you get the best training by those experienced in home based childcare!

Good luck!