Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Forest schools training

I am so excited Dh has agreed to attend a forest school training! He is a qualified mountain leadership and has supported DoE in the past so I am sure he will love this aspect of our business, he prepares all the resources for my amateur Forest School activities...( based on my regular accompanying children in these activities and running a FS in my schools but not actually being the qualified member of staff) .....

.......now to find the best course for EY!

If anybody can sign post me I would be very grateful.

He can travel.

2. Likes lisbet liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did mine with East Barnby outdoor education centre in North Yorkshire. I thought it was excellent - covered everything I wanted to know and more, lots of ideas and all practical based.
    www.outdoored.co.uk/activities

Contrary to what you might read/believe, there isn't actually a designated course that you HAVE to do to be a forest school leader! Most courses include course work/portfolios etc that are linked to doing level 3 studies etc but anyone can say they are a forest school without any particular training ( there is something called '*****' or something similar which gives you a certificate in exchange for £15 and a promise to go outside with the children! )

A good book is 'I love my world' by Chris Holland.

4. Likes Maza, FloraDora, Ripeberry liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thankyou for that sign post - I think the getting started 4 day experience would be good for him, but he thinks all areas were covered in Dof E & mountain leadership - for personal skills he wants to saw in the additional courses!
    He really needs a more Early Years / younger Childrens emphasis as this is not his comfort zone, but doesn't particularly want to do level3 qualification, he is a retired DT teacher who led Mountain based Dof E young people in his spare time and always went on outward bound weeks, but needs ideas and info re RA for younger children... I am going to ring this centre though to discuss.

Ordered the book too - thank you.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Thankyou for that sign post - I think the getting started 4 day experience would be good for him, but he thinks all areas were covered in Dof E & mountain leadership - for personal skills he wants to saw in the additional courses!
    He really needs a more Early Years / younger Childrens emphasis as this is not his comfort zone, but doesn't particularly want to do level3 qualification, he is a retired DT teacher who led Mountain based Dof E young people in his spare time and always went on outward bound weeks, but needs ideas and info re RA for younger children... I am going to ring this centre though to discuss.

Ordered the book too - thank you.
    You are welcome. :-)