Nuisance cold calling from Norton **** again
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nuisance cold calling from Norton **** again

I posted a couple of months ago about this company Norton **** offering a free course and expressing my concerns about a few things and if anybody had heard of them.
    They do have a website that the number matches which they ring from but I have told them I am not interested so many times and still I'm getting cold calls from them.
    I told them on the phone to stop ringing and only last week sent them an email asking them to take me off the cold calling list. Today they ring me again what is wrong with these people.
    Does anyone know who I contact to make an official complaint as I have totally had enough of these ignorant people. I don't answer the call any more because I'm wasting my breath telling them to stop calling.
    Do I get in touch with Oftel for nuisance cold calling or some one else?
    So fed up with these people.
    I think I will take my name off the FIS as well because it's since I went on there I got these calls.

Post Thanks / Like

You can complain to oftel. They can fine them. I have complained about someone before.

3. Likes mum67 liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently saw on a television programme that you have to say to them "I am instructing you to remove my name and number from your records" if you get cross or swear at them they just leave your number on the list - you have to order them to remove it.

5. Likes mum67 liked this post
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for both your replies. I've registered with the TPP (I think that's the one, not sure off the top of my head)
    They ring almost everyday, it's so annoying, I am actually thinking of ringing them up each day and asking if they ordered a taxi or something silly just to see how they like it
    Why are they ssooo ignorant?
    There's not a chance I would ever consider a course with them after all the harassment I have had from them. Umm actually I might email them quoting the law act for harassment see if that works.
    Again Thank You for the replies.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend runs a B & B - when her husband answers the phone he says the name of the B & B, when the cold caller starts trying to launch into their script "ppi or insurance claims etc" he just keeps repeating "This is a B & B how many rooms do you require and what dates will you be staying" - that confuses them!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Thanks for both your replies. I've registered with the TPP (I think that's the one, not sure off the top of my head)
    They ring almost everyday, it's so annoying, I am actually thinking of ringing them up each day and asking if they ordered a taxi or something silly just to see how they like it
    Why are they ssooo ignorant?
    There's not a chance I would ever consider a course with them after all the harassment I have had from them. Umm actually I might email them quoting the law act for harassment see if that works.
    Again Thank You for the replies.
    Often its a call centre phoning you not the actual company (think they must employ companies) - I had similar when I used to do the Kidney Research collections for our road - they stopped bothering with doing door to door collections but the call centre kept phoning me nearly every week to ask me to make a donation of £10 a month instead - only used to get about £25 for the whole street collection!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Also the telephone preference thing won't stop overseas nuisance calls - if you still get british ones, just stop them in their tracks by saying "I have telephone preference protection and you are breaking the law by phoning me - can I have your full name please" they soon hang up.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hectors House. It is the same company who wanted me to go on a course this month and I was a little wary about the info they held on me and where they got it from.
    Nobody else had been contacted by them yet they reckoned they had a sheet with childminders names/contacts on which they were working from. Anyway I declined their offer and the idiots are still ringing me when I've told them to stop.

Funny enough they haven't replied to my email reminding them they are harassing me but still ring at least 3 times a week. I'm taking my details of the FIS site because I think that's where they got it from to start with.
    I've decided to copy and paste the law act for harassment and email them every single day to see how they like it.

Thanks for the replies

11. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mum67 View Post
    Thanks Hectors House. It is the same company who wanted me to go on a course this month and I was a little wary about the info they held on me and where they got it from.
    Nobody else had been contacted by them yet they reckoned they had a sheet with childminders names/contacts on which they were working from. Anyway I declined their offer and the idiots are still ringing me when I've told them to stop.

Funny enough they haven't replied to my email reminding them they are harassing me but still ring at least 3 times a week. I'm taking my details of the FIS site because I think that's where they got it from to start with.
    I've decided to copy and paste the law act for harassment and email them every single day to see how they like it.

Thanks for the replies
    I can't remember why they call you in the first place and why the second part of their name is starred????
    Tell them you are not c/minding anymore but have open a cattery instead