Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Mum 67...
    if you are in any way concerned or bothered by the call you could ring CACHE and tell them you have been offered a free Level 3 in September by this company and ask them to verify if they are accredited trainers for the new Level 3 (EYE)

Unfortunately we cannot check because half their name is starred...I could only find Norton Care Ltd on google...therefore we cannot warn others of this company

This won't stop cold callers but... if that is what they are... you could take simple action to prevent them from calling other less experienced cms who may fall for the sale pitch
    What did your LA say?
    Hi Simona
    I emailed my LA she has never heard of them either but did say there is a lot of firms out there who offer all sorts and probably get our number from the FIS site. She also mentioned like yourself the course is changing to EYE in September and to wait and see what comes of it all.

Then I got a reply back from this company, I emailed to withdraw as I had concerns about them and after seeking advice from other childminders no one had heard of or from them.
    She replied quite defensively really about how most people they contact are very happy to hear about free help with courses and that they are a very reputable company and I am missing a great opportunity has when it is a statutory requirement the funding won't be there. etc, defensive but polite if you see what I mean.

I am going with my gut instinct which has never failed me even if I haven't always done right by it and turning the offer down.

I will however keep you all updated on anything that arises from it or if I hear feed back about them.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a very good idea Simona to ring CACHE and ask them, I will do that and update on here what they say.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12