Enhanced crb back whats next
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Enhanced crb back whats next

Hi guys I'm a newbie here and I'm hoping one of you lovely childminders can give me a little info.
    I have done all of the relevant courses to become registered I.e briefing, introduction to childminding and paediatric first aid.
    I have also sent Ofsted my medical form which they received along with my application and I received my crb back on Monday. Do I need to ring ofsted now as the crb is what I was waiting on or will they be sent a copy of my crb and then ring me.
    Any info you can give me will be much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Amy X

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted will have automatically received your DBS as it is now called so you just have to play the waiting game. You can ring them up to see how your application is progressing at any point. Good luck

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Ofsted will have automatically received your DBS as it is now called so you just have to play the waiting game. You can ring them up to see how your application is progressing at any point. Good luck
    Thank you very much for your reply I am going to chase it up in the morning

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Be aware that "we're waiting for your CRB/DBS" seems to be the standard answer. They told me that several times, even after I'd received my copy at home. Turned out they were actually waiting for Mrs B's social services checks, but hadn't actually bothered to look at my file when the usual fob-off would keep me out of their hair for a while.

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Be aware that "we're waiting for your CRB/DBS" seems to be the standard answer. They told me that several times, even after I'd received my copy at home. Turned out they were actually waiting for Mrs B's social services checks, but hadn't actually bothered to look at my file when the usual fob-off would keep me out of their hair for a while.
    Oh no really? Do you have any advice if I am fobbed off many times. Thanks for your reply much appreciated.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I phoned OfSted to add a few more unavailable dates to my form as I am having some short overnight breaks in the next couple of weeks, this was a week after I posted my medical form. it was a waste of time because 4 days later the inspector rang to book me in - on the two weeks I had said I wouldn't be available!
    She informed me that when she receives my name from her manager she has two weks to inspect and return her findings.
    Because I won't be available until the day after her two week slot she had to go back to her manager to get an extension. We couldn't arrange an appointment - she is phoning again on the 11th - but at least I know that my visit will be the week beg this date.

In all it has only taken 5 weeks from me sending off form ...and that is with my doctor sitting on the medical form for 8 days. If I had been available my visit would be today - 5 weeks since I posted the form. Instead I am off to sunny Manchester to have a weekend of British Cycling excitement.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Tootsies View Post
    Oh no really? Do you have any advice if I am fobbed off many times. Thanks for your reply much appreciated.
    I don't know if it's different, now the DBS check has superceded the old CRB check, but I received a copy of my CRB in the post. If you get your copy, then Ofsted should get theirs roundabout the same time (give or take, according to postal delivery variations.)

It would do no harm to 'phone Ofsted, and ask them directly "have you received my medical form/social services report/etc/etc" item by item, using a checklist. Always ask for the name of the person to whom you're speaking.

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much to all of you that could help me I am going to give them a ring now and see what the plan is now. Have an amazing weekend every one. And thanks again