Best place to do CYPOP5
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best place to do CYPOP5

I'm looking to start up as a CM and looking for recommendations for where to complete CYPOP5 online. I have a few suggests from local council, mainly PACEY but its unclear from their website whether I can do the training without registering as a member - I don't want to do this yet as I don't plan to CM until the end of the year.

Any help?

Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did mine last year with MNT training

MNT Training - CYPOP 5

I found them to be very good, it was marked quickly and reasonably priced. All very straightforward. Hth xx

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya. Id start now as it can take a fair few months at the most to be registered.

Once you have your course dates you can apply to Ofsted as you will need to put in your course end date. Or wait until you have finished the CYPOP5 and first aid then apply to Ofsted.

Im doing mine through my local council (croydon) at a learning centre as thats the only way the council will accept.

Hth xx
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have a choice as the only online course my LA approve is the pacey one...I specifically asked if I could do the mnt course as its the same thing as was told no.

You don't have to be a pacey member; you just call pacey up, book the course and pay, then get started as soon as your login details arrive via email. Simples x

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gemma659353 View Post
    I'm looking to start up as a CM and looking for recommendations for where to complete CYPOP5 online. I have a few suggests from local council, mainly PACEY but its unclear from their website whether I can do the training without registering as a member - I don't want to do this yet as I don't plan to CM until the end of the year.

Any help?
    Hi I'm doing the PACEY course. I'm not a PACEY member and you can still do course. I think PACEY members get a discount that's all. You get a text book and log in details within a few days of paying then you can get started. I've found it ok so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just paid for the PACEY, how long did it take for your stuff to be sent through?

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of days for book. Email with log in details arrive either same day or the next day. It wasn't a long wait. Goodluck

Post Thanks / Like

I still haven't received anything - I want to get started!