CYPOP5 help with equal opps question!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CYPOP5 help with equal opps question!

Hi,

I know I am just being stupid, but I just can't seem to break the wording of this question down to be able to answer it in the slightest!! I really feel that with many of the questions, I am probably reading too much into what is required. This one especially. HELP!!!

List five ways that you as a childminder will 'promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and ensure that every child is included and not disadvantaged because of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties or disabilities, gender or ability' EYFS 2008

Thanks!!

Claire xx

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

idea 1.
    Adapt activities to suit all.
    For example to have a child in your care who is a wheelchair user, you want to play a ball game outside so you adapt the game to have all the children sitting on chairs.
    Carol x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newtochildcare View Post
    Hi,

I know I am just being stupid, but I just can't seem to break the wording of this question down to be able to answer it in the slightest!! I really feel that with many of the questions, I am probably reading too much into what is required. This one especially. HELP!!!

List five ways that you as a childminder will 'promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and ensure that every child is included and not disadvantaged because of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties or disabilities, gender or ability' EYFS 2008

Thanks!!

Claire xx
    I'd think of scenarios- it says: '... not disadvantaged because of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties or disabilities, gender or ability'

So, think about 'home language', for example- can you think how you would help to include a child with a different home language, and their family? That's one.
    Then you just need 4 more, just a sentence or two each numbered 1-5 is fine.
    So, may be think about 'disabilities' so what if you had a child with a disability- what would you do? Where would you get advice?
    'Gender'- how do you make sure children are not stereotyped by gender? What about the resources and images you provide? How about parents who hold a child back because of a child's gender or push them in a certain direction- what would you do?

Alternatively you can look at the whole lot ('ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties or disabilities, gender or ability') in one go and think of 5 sentences about things like...1] how you treat the children, 2] how you treat the parents, 3] the resources and your setting 4] Your documentation etc to make sure no one is discriminated against because of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties or disabilities, gender or ability.