Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NVQ OR DHC (USED TO BE ICP)

Can anyone tell me which course is best to do.I know Unit 1 on the Diploma in Home Based Child Care (DHC)is compulsary.At the meeting I went to last night they said you can either continue to do the other units on the DHC,or do an NVQ3.
    I just wondered if anyone has done both courses or which one is best to do.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NVQ OR DHC (USED TO BE ICP)

I'm doing the DHC but do not know which is best to be honest i was told everyone needed to have a level 3 by 2008 so got cracked on with it after unit 1

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually doing the NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development (CCLD for short) i chose this one because if i decide to stop childminding it means i can go into any childcare work, say a creche and work without supervision, i believe its a better course for that reason whereas the DHC is just for childminding

correct me if im wrong someone

Leanne
    xx
    Don't let your halo slip and strangle you!!

Leanne
    xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raggydolls View Post
    I'm actually doing the NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development (CCLD for short) i chose this one because if i decide to stop childminding it means i can go into any childcare work, say a creche and work without supervision, i believe its a better course for that reason whereas the DHC is just for childminding

Leanne
    xx
    no i think you are right Leanne but our tutor said that there are a lot of nurserys etc that would accept a DHC if you wanted to go down that route but i never willso didnt matter to me xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The dhc gives you exactly what it says... a home-based childcare qualification.

If you ever want to get into the big wide world of nurseries, playgroups, schools etc., an nvq will better qualify you.

Post Thanks / Like

I start the restof the dhc next tues, tbh i forgot i had booked on to it lol
    Lou xx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raggydolls View Post

Leanne
    xx
    thats my reason too. I don't want to stop childminding but just incase it had to happen

mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

hi everyone. I have completed both the DHC and the NVQ level 3 CCLD this year, and have found them both really interesting. Personally I think the NVQ was easier than the DHC. But thats probably because i did the DHC via the NEC which is the distance learning route, and can be lonely at times!

Personally, i think the NVQ would be better to do overall, as this qualification can get you lots of other jobs, ie in nurseries, pre school, etc, whereas i believe the dhc, is purely home based!