CYPOP 5 support group lol
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone how you getting on? I'm still yet to start task2 . I was on such a high after finishing task1 and full of motivation but I just haven't had enough time to crack on with it. My daughter isnt having her handy naps at the moment i think because my son is off school and hes just too noisy and intereesting for her to nap. But My husband is taking the kids to his mums on Saturday so hoping I will get it started and finished then. Which is wonderful as I get to escape an inlaw visit. What a bonus.
    Hope you all are doing better than me

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Trees View Post
    Hello!

I start on the 3rd June... So I will be back
    I start the 4th june...gud luck r you doing it in group or online.

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

hiya
    my fella is doing the cypop 5 aswell It is a lot of work I can see this I did the ICP going to a class everyweek for mine but my fells works shifts so would prefere to do it this way but its motavation thats against him at the mo

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hiya, im am also doing the CYPOP5 and am doing my business plan at the minute! My brain hurts lol

Im doing my course over 13 weeks at a local CALAT centre one day a week. Im in croydon and have a 4 year old and boy is it hard juggling the two and working!
    But its totally worth it!

How are the rest of you getting along?

Glad i found this thread, will come in handy.

Amandak28 xx

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petshrinklj View Post
    Hi everyone how you getting on? I'm still yet to start task2 . I was on such a high after finishing task1 and full of motivation but I just haven't had enough time to crack on with it. My daughter isnt having her handy naps at the moment i think because my son is off school and hes just too noisy and intereesting for her to nap. But My husband is taking the kids to his mums on Saturday so hoping I will get it started and finished then. Which is wonderful as I get to escape an inlaw visit. What a bonus.
    Hope you all are doing better than me
    I'm exactly the same - struggling to get going on task 2! Although I've had a bit of a read around confidentiality etc ready for the 'discussion' for task 3 so might message my assessor with my contact details and get it over with!

Good luck everyone! Loving that we've got each other for support - so hard to know if you're doing it right!

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck with task3 . Let me know how it goes when you are assessed. I'm very nervous about that one.
    So far today is not going well. Husband and kids have gone to inlaws so I could get some work done. So brewed myself cup of tea turned on laptop and ms word is being funny. It's refusing to open. Argh. My resident IT expert is hubby so he's out I'd ring him but I manged to lose my phone this morning. Argh!! Why does nothing go to plan. The one time im free. Hmmm I could write the assignment to type up later when hubby home. But urgh that seems too much hassle. I can feel my motivation slipping away.....

I know I'll turn lap top on and off. That's first thing IT people suggest isn't it. Fingerscrossed

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amandak28 View Post
    Hiya, im am also doing the CYPOP5 and am doing my business plan at the minute! My brain hurts lol

Im doing my course over 13 weeks at a local CALAT centre one day a week. Im in croydon and have a 4 year old and boy is it hard juggling the two and working!
    But its totally worth it!

How are the rest of you getting along?

Glad i found this thread, will come in handy.

Amandak28 xx
    Hiya
    Is the business plan task 4? i think I will tackle that one after task2 . I'm not so keen on the oral exam of task3 so will put that off till I'm feeling braver. Hope it's going well. I wouldn't know where to start with a business plan. Hoping it will become clearer once I start that module. Good luck

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Well would you believe it turning it off and on again worked. Who needs IT support lol. Right now to get off this forum and do some work.

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Afternoon.
    Yes task 4.
    Its quite hard, ive really got to get back in the swing of things and have it ready for thursday.
    So much info to digest and include. Not to mention the maths and money side of it.

Wish me luck.

And well done with the fixing of the laptop! :-)

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Turner View Post
    I start the 4th june...gud luck r you doing it in group or online.
    Sort of neither- one to one with a tutor with independent workbook task between meetings. Seems to be how the la does it here

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Morning,
    So lastnight all i manged to do was the front page and my introduction :-( not happy but atleast its something.
    The hardest thing im finding is the fact its all 'made up' so to speak, like the figures for example they will be all pridictions and as im mot qualified, its all 'i will be doing this or going to do that'.

But atleast ive made a start i suppose.

Happy monday :-) xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ladies I'm doing cypop5 tho mnt and who I called then to see if I could get feed back and have my assess marked they said no it all had to be put in together
    I feel I've spent a lot of time writing and writing with no one being being Able to give me any feed back
    Is this the normal? As I feel a bit lost and would just like a bit of feed back if I am on the right tracks as you'd get this in a class room
    Confused and a tad frustrated :-(
    Thanks for any feedback x

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ange-a View Post
    Hi ladies I'm doing cypop5 tho mnt and who I called then to see if I could get feed back and have my assess marked they said no it all had to be put in together
    I feel I've spent a lot of time writing and writing with no one being being Able to give me any feed back
    Is this the normal? As I feel a bit lost and would just like a bit of feed back if I am on the right tracks as you'd get this in a class room
    Hi mine isn't like that. I have submitted task 1 and 2 separately and they were marked. I was asked to add a bit more to my safeguarding policy which I have done and resubmitted it. Who you didn't course with? Mine is PACEY.
    Good luck with it.

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning,
    So lastnight all i manged to do was the front page and my introduction :-( not happy but atleast its something.
    The hardest thing im finding is the fact its all 'made up' so to speak, like the figures for example they will be all pridictions and as im mot qualified, its all 'i will be doing this or going to do that'.

But atleast ive made a start i suppose.

Happy monday :-) xx
    Hi well done it sounds like your doing well. I'm yet to look at that task. Ive just Started reading data protection act for task 3 but have got a bit bored of it.

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ange-a View Post
    Hi i do mine in a local authority learning centre. So not sure how the online one works. But just keep on target and in sure you will be fine! :-) xx
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petshrinklj View Post

Hi well done it sounds like your doing well. I'm yet to look at that task. Ive just Started reading data protection act for task 3 but have got a bit bored of it.
    Thanks! I finished it last night gone midnight!
    So worth it tho a weight has been lifted! No on to the changes i need to make from my last task i submitted :-) x

17. Likes Petshrinklj liked this post
    Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening. Im absolutely shattered. But need to read chapters 5 and 7 from the textbook ready for class on thursday and the start of task 6.
    However I've read 4 pages and its just not going in so came on here instead lol.

Night all cx

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I finished it last night gone midnight!
    So worth it tho a weight has been lifted! No on to the changes i need to make from my last task i submitted :-) x
    Well done you. I had my task 2 returned so I've resubmitted that. That's all I've achieved in last few days. Hope my 2nd attempt is good enough. My aim is to get another task submitted over the weekend. On my course task 4 is one of last tasks it goes from task 3 to task 5. So I get to avoid that for a bit lol.

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done! If you have done whats been asked then im sure all will be fine :-)
    Your so luck to have task 4 last.

Im on task 6 now. Think thats going to be an interesting one with lots of words and detail.

As well as making changes to my previous tasks will have to put a plan together i think... X

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't get to do task 3 (chat with assessor about data protection) until next Friday so I think I will move onto task 5 whilst I wait. I still haven't had feedback on my resubmitted task2. It's a shame when you feel like you've finished something and then it comes back as in progress. Oh well hoping its finished now and I don't have to add more. I was asked to write more about safeguarding regulations. But now sure I added enough. I kind of just added a few references. Oh well time will tell.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast