Next step after icp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Next step after icp

hi all i completed the 12 hour course and did lots of one day courses to register as a c.minder i now want to do the next course to get up to nvq level 3 can i just go straight into this course and can i do it from home instead of doing nothing waiting for more enquiries id rather b working towards something like this any ideas im in wales sonyx also how long is the coursex

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm doing the level 3 diploma through the Childcare Company. I think the recommendation is to wait 6 months. I have just looked at what I have to do and every unit requires you to evidence things from your own setting. If you don't have mindees or haven't had them long, it will be difficult for you to do the course

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    I did the icp and went straight to college from their to do NVQ level 3 childcare learning and development,
    but the problem was I wasnt registered and had to find a placement and at that time I only wonted to become a childminder
    I then choose a school reception class for a placement , but it would have been nice to wait untill I became registered because everything got held up because only now this year I now managed to put my forms in and get them right lol.
    I then decided to do supply work in a school for a year untill now having baby number 4 lol
    So now im gonna finally do it. it was gonna happen 4 years ago lol

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Most of the courses require you to be actually working with children whether it is a work placement or childminding. The course I did involved an assessor coming to see me in my setting and observing me working with the children.

If you do go distance learning you must be careful some level 3s were proved last year to be not worth the paper the certificate was written on.

You also need to make sure that you do a Welsh recognised course - they are different to England due to different regs, standards and Foundation Phase.

Contact Childrens partnership to ask their advice