Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CYPOP5

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CYPOP5

Has anyone else just signed up to do the CYPOP5 course? I really need to get this course completed asap as I am becoming a registered child minder in order to look after a friends child, who is due to be born soon! I have several qualifications and a University degree so expected to find this quite easy but I am struggling!!!! Not finding the book that was sent for the course any use at all. Would appreciate what other people are finding!

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi you are doing better than me lol. I'm still waiting for my course to start. It was supposed to be beginning of April but still not heard anything. Keep in touch coz hopefully I will be starting soon and we can help each other through it. I'm in a rush too as my neighbour wants me to look after her child when she goes back to work.
    Goodluck

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, happy to keep in touch and spur each other on! Let me know when you are ready to get started!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by Niki75 View Post
    Has anyone else just signed up to do the CYPOP5 course? I really need to get this course completed asap as I am becoming a registered child minder in order to look after a friends child, who is due to be born soon! I have several qualifications and a University degree so expected to find this quite easy but I am struggling!!!! Not finding the book that was sent for the course any use at all. Would appreciate what other people are finding!
    I started the course today, I too have qualifications and a uni degree but i am already struggling on task one. I do not know which are the four main legislation as there are so many

. I am going to mention Childrens Act 2004 and 2006 but stuck for my other two :/ Am i just thinking this course is harder than it really is????

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janette1234 View Post
    I started the course today, I too have qualifications and a uni degree but i am already struggling on task one. I do not know which are the four main legislation as there are so many

. I am going to mention Childrens Act 2004 and 2006 but stuck for my other two :/ Am i just thinking this course is harder than it really is????
    I replied on the other thread you asked this on. It isnt hard once you get into it. I found it easier to read the book first and then get stuck in to the papers. Even if you read section 1 and complete it then proceed all sections in order. The book is good as it follows the same order as the work you need to complete.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you have a degree you may be making it more complicated than it really is. That's what I found when I did CYPOP5 last year. Some of the questions aren't worded as well as they could be but the 'answers' are in the book. Good luck!

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niki75 View Post
    Yes, happy to keep in touch and spur each other on! Let me know when you are ready to get started!
    Going to apply for online PACEY course now.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I should be applying on Friday!! Just have to rely on my ex paying me so anything could happen. I definitely interested in keeping in touch with people who have just started

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all. I received my course book today so hoping to make a start this week when my kids are asleep.
    How are you getting on?

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing my level 3 and this unit is in it.

Are you doing level 3 or are you doing just the cypop 5 unit? I'm half way through, but yet to start this unit.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr man View Post
    I'm doing my level 3 and this unit is in it.

Are you doing level 3 or are you doing just the cypop 5 unit? I'm half way through, but yet to start this unit.
    I am just doing cypop5.

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janette1234 View Post

I don't think it matters which 4 you go for. Just pick the four that seems most relevant to you. Although I'd definitely mention childcare act as that's were eyfs came from.